PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Battery

wraggster
May 3rd, 2008, 11:00
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_Pandora_Battery.html?aff_id=24)

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PSP-0757-L.jpg

The PSP Pandora battery allows you to put the PSP into service mode so that you are able to recover a PSP from a bad flash or downgrade your firmware. The PSP Pandora battery is by far the easiest way to recover your PSP console from a bad flash as well as downgrading. Until now you would need to install chips like the PSP U.P to recover a bad flash, not anymore using the PSP Pandora Battery. It is also worth noting that you can use the PSP Pandora Battery hack on a PSP Slim, having a pre hacked battery is a necessity as PSP Slim cannot run homebrew unless it has been downgraded.
The Pandora Battery is a bulk pack, and it is easy to use: simply insert the magic memory stick into your PSP, then insert the Pandora Battery and follow the simple on-screen instructions. The instructions are also included with the Pandora Battery.
It is for your PSP Slim only,and will fix it 100%.

Price:USD 20.00

alentris
May 3rd, 2008, 12:54
Slim only, eh? I ordedred one a while ago. The slim
battery works fine in the Phat PSP, you just have to hold it in.

mavsman4457
May 3rd, 2008, 16:10
Are you kidding me that you would post this news article??!! I cannot believe this. This is like posting news that SuccessHK is selling ISO's or homebrew. I am absolutely baffled as to why you would post this. Wraggster, are you kidding me? I thought this might be a post commenting on how you despise when people do this but you made no such comment. This is endorsing it! This is taking Dark_AleX's work for free and selling it. It's like when people sold a downgrading service on ebay. This is wrong and this post should be removed. Please.

Tinnus
May 3rd, 2008, 16:40
*ahem*. Those folks sponsor the website :P

BoazAdreal
May 3rd, 2008, 17:17
Are you kidding me that you would post this news article??!! I cannot believe this. This is like posting news that SuccessHK is selling ISO's or homebrew. I am absolutely baffled as to why you would post this. Wraggster, are you kidding me? I thought this might be a post commenting on how you despise when people do this but you made no such comment. This is endorsing it! This is taking Dark_AleX's work for free and selling it. It's like when people sold a downgrading service on ebay. This is wrong and this post should be removed. Please.
It says on their website: Manufacturer: 3rd pary
Product ID: PSP-0757 The fact that it says pary made me crack up.

He could be making them and supplying them for all you know. :P Not so much the ISO part as selling homebrew, since this is a hack developed and not a commercial idea ripped off and remarketed.

kcajblue
May 3rd, 2008, 18:36
at least they are selling them at a reasonable price compared to the idiots on ebay who tried selling them for 400 bucks.

mavsman4457
May 3rd, 2008, 19:00
*ahem*. Those folks sponsor the website :P

I did not realize that and thank you for pointing that out but I stand by my comments. It's still dishonest to be selling these.

Gene
May 3rd, 2008, 19:59
I did not realize that and thank you for pointing that out but I stand by my comments. It's still dishonest to be selling these.

I partially agree with you. Yes it is dishonest to be selling batteries that have been modified by homebrew, but who's to say these haven't been specifically made(hardware wise) to boot into service mode. I know a lot of people willing to pay just $20 for a pandora battery because they can't make one themselves. However if these are made using software, I think that for every one they sell they should offer the original developers some sort of donation. It makes sense to me, but the world isn't perfect, and hardly fair.

Qmark
May 3rd, 2008, 20:00
How, exactly, is it dishonest to sell a battery with a specific serial number?

Coolie4
May 3rd, 2008, 21:08
this isnt so much of a crime in my opinion. everyone knows dark_alex/fanjita/and the rest of that teams work is free. but people will still buy it

i bought my pandora off of ebay. $27 for the battery and a "illegitamate" 1gb ms with the files on it (it worked at least). not a bad price really. the reason was that the only spare battery i had, i effed up trying to disconnect the pin, and i didnt know anyone else with custom firmware.

actually, after i hacked mine, i charged 5 bucks to downgrade people's psp at my school. so i made the money back. i think the effort of hacking a psp is worth way more than $5. and eveeryone is happy.

if someone even knows what a pandora battery is, or how to use it, they would know that the process is free. its their choice to buy it. $20 is actually a really good price for it, especially since it can still be used as a spare battery for when you main one runs out of juice.

osgeld
May 3rd, 2008, 21:09
who says it was modified using home brew

you can crack open your psp's battery and clip a pin off of the chip inside and achieve the same effect

which has nothing to do with the pandora software, or the ppl who developed that particular softmod

Avenyet
May 4th, 2008, 09:30
these tool batteries where a god send to me I upgrade to 3.71 so I could no longer soft mod my battery and when trying to hard mod it I found out that I had one of the stupid unmodifiable ones so without this I'd be still stuck at 3.71

(I would of got a real battery and modded that myself but there F-----g impossible to get any kind of psp battery)

oh and these are hard modded batteries

Fanjita
May 4th, 2008, 19:36
Note that all of the research that made Pandora batteries possible was performed by the Prometheus team. None of the soft or hard mods would be possible without the long and hard research we did.

Personally I've given up on getting upset by people cashing in on it, the point of giving away the technology was to allow people to make the choice between using their intelligence and resourcefulness and doing it for free, or playing dumb and paying someone to do it for them.