PDA

View Full Version : Quake3 port to Xbox W.I.P

wraggster
September 20th, 2005, 19:32
Carcharius has posted an update to his work on porting Quake 3 to the Xbox:

Wow, I didn’t realise it had been almost 2 weeks since I last posted an update. I should take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in this project.

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks fixing a few things and trying to make Quake 3 work as an xbox game. At this moment I’m concentrating on getting the original Quake 3: Arena running. I’ve tried Team Arena but, that brings a few problems of its own to the table. So I’ll leave that for a later date.
There’s not really anything new to see, most of the work has been non-visible stuff, so there aren’t any new screenshots I’m afraid.

One thing that might be of interest is that I did try running Threewave CTF. I can’t remember exactly what happened though, I know it did get as far as loading the mod but for the life of me I can’t remember what happened from there! I must be getting old!
I think I got as far as trying to find a game to join but at the time I was running without a cd key so any online adventures were right out. Anyway, I’m sure some people will be pleased to know that it at least loads the Threewave front screen! ;)

http://carcharius.xbox-scene.com/

Cap'n 1time
September 20th, 2005, 22:52
This will probably the "MOAPOTXBSD!" (mother of all ports... on the xbox system... DAMN!) and i have a feeling its what will bring us to a close on our little... large black console... good run men! and good luck with Q3!!!