PDA

View Full Version : Will innovation lead to Nintendo’s downfall?

wraggster
September 21st, 2005, 00:52
Over at the GATE, Tim Alamenciak has posted his thoughts about Nintendo’s latest revolution in an editorial entitled, “When Great Ideas Aren’t Great Enough.” From the title, it’s pretty clear what direction Tim is headed in. His primary concern is that the gaming public won’t be interested in adapting to the new control concept—what Tim refers to as the “wand of glory.” We would argue that gamers have adapted well to Nintendo’s past innovations; the analogue stick and rumble device have become industry standards.

But the Revolution controller is arguably a greater step than any of Nintendo’s past innovations. Then again, if it works, it works, right? But is the timing off? In the age of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, is Nintendo taking too big of a risk?

Cap'n 1time
September 21st, 2005, 01:11
I really hate to say it.. but i think so. It has been proven over and over and over again, not just in the video game world, but pretty much every aspect of life- PEOPLE HATE UNNECESSARY CHANGES!!! I am going to buy one, and im going to enjoy it... but I really feel this brilliant device will be nintendos killer.

nizard
September 21st, 2005, 03:39
Theres plenty of people who cant afford the new systems PS3 & Xbox360. They'll pick up the Rev. for the price, simplicity and name alone. I think the time is right, and if this is their last system I'll be happy cuz at least they went out trying something new. Other than powerful expensive machines that do the same thing just more money.