PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Maker (Game Toolkit for PSP V2.0 Owners)

wraggster
September 21st, 2005, 01:45
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/adventure_maker.jpg

This is great news for V2.0 owners and lets be fair you need it. Heres the description of what the PSP Adventure Maker is:

What you can create with this version is any game that involves static pictures and/or point-and-click puzzles. Here are some examples:

- first-person adventure games
- quiz games
- educational software
- interactive visits (museums, sites...)
- tour guides
- interactive presentations and brochures
- interactive comics
- other point-and-click software

Downloads and tons more info are available at the site here --> http://www.adventuremaker.com/

Is it time to make a V2.0 section and forum for releases, well lets see how it goes ;)

xuphorz
September 21st, 2005, 02:01
how did they make this?
if it's 2.00, then can't other plp figure out how to make 2.00 homebrew?

poison2003
September 21st, 2005, 03:01
yeah if tehy can make that run then wy cant they make some emulators for 2.0??

Well here are the instruction
Instructions for playing a game: download the corresponding file, extract it to a new folder on your computer, launch the Setup, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The installer will automatically detect your portable gaming system, and install the game on it (it will simply copy the game files to the memory card, and then add an entry to the bookmarks so that you can play the game from the Internet Browser of the portable gaming system). No system modification is required.

and a demo for the psp i belive http://www.arnoldsconcepts.com/am/portable_game_demo_v1_1.zip

i think its using that bookmarks trick

parabolee
September 21st, 2005, 03:12
Hmm very interesting. I'd love to see some good games from this. I'd love to make some too but I'm working 70 hours a week right now.

Maybe in a month or two. I'll test this out later, I'm very interested to hear how well it works.

Also does anyone know if it can be used with 1.50? Using the Tenchi Browser or the Wipeout browser?

poison2003
September 21st, 2005, 03:38
i doubt it can be used on 1.5 coz it needs a browser

xuphorz
September 21st, 2005, 03:45
i;'ll test it on my 1.5 tonite

parabolee
September 21st, 2005, 03:47
Well I said using one of two browsers.

Let me know Xuphorz, I would like to see some cool point n click done with it. If it's any good.

urherenow
September 21st, 2005, 04:12
the "games" are only pictures with hot spots (read: hyperlinks) or in other words... simply web pages.

this has nothing to do whatsoever with running homebrew code unless you're so far out of whack you beleive you can code an emulator in HTML :rolleyes:

Tron_Fan
September 21st, 2005, 05:19
I agree. Sounds like using the Javascript capabilities of the PSP Browser. However, having recently bricked my PSP stupidly, I will check it out and report back.

The JavaScript browser does offer some neat capabilities, and I have seen an excellent Tetris game which even converted mouse movements in the browser into D-Pad commands.

Not to say that 1999 JavaScript can replace the homebrew scene, but it does give SOME hope to us 2.0'ers.

Also, something interesting I found. You can play JavaScript games offline by invoking the browser and then using the file:// option to load up an html page. The file:// referenced the root directory of the memory card. Somewhat neat.

Cirus
September 21st, 2005, 17:58
could somoen convert this for PSP using html to play etc

http://www.funnygames.nl/host/games/lemmings/

:O!

Tron_Fan
September 21st, 2005, 19:06
Probably not that version, no. The PSP browser is circa 1999 technology for Javascript and I don't think it can handle layers (which is like THE most powerful tool for writing games in Javascript). Maybe in future releases we'll see DHTML support, as well as applets and Flash (wouldn't that be the sh**!?)

Check out this link though (in your PSP):

http://window.terratron.com/~sosman/psp/falling_block.html

I am really impressed at how this guy wrote something to convert the D-PAD usage in the browser into mouse movements. Right now, the browser only supports mouse movements and clicks. I think this examples opens up the possibility for some neat things in the web browser.

Is anyone out there in 2.0 land interested in any Javascript developing for the PSP browser to simulate a "homebrew" aspect?

Like I said in a previous post, these could be played offline as well. You wouldn't need an internet connection.

YourStillWithMe
September 22nd, 2005, 11:52
what we should do RIGHT NOW in terms of 2.o is have someone make a site where you can open eboot.pbp and before each eboot say what emulator or program it is. Thing is would it recognize it as an eboot or how you saw it when you search the net??? If this can be done through the net so can emulators and shit there are sites out there that you can play games on directly. Wanna try that people? I think it sounds like a good reasonable idea

Stew2000
September 22nd, 2005, 19:13
Going back to "Topic",

The main site is off-line at the moment so I can't post there!,

How do I make the images load quicker?

Lord_Rob
September 23rd, 2005, 12:03
Isnt Zelda for classic nes and super nes a first-person shooter? Becasue all you do is do puzzles and interact. Its very simple animation. Would that work?

Cap'n 1time
September 23rd, 2005, 16:59
Isnt Zelda for classic nes and super nes a first-person shooter? Becasue all you do is do puzzles and interact. Its very simple animation. Would that work?

your joking right? ....