PDA

View Full Version : Wii And PS2 Get Rock Band Track Packs In July

wraggster
May 5th, 2008, 19:37
PlayStation 2 Rock Band owners have to be sick of playing the same songs over and over again by now, and with Wii owners eagerly awaiting the June 22nd release of the game, the question of delivering downloadable content to the online-handicapped systems is finally being addressed - offline.

MTV Games, Harmonix, and EA will be releasing the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 1 for the PS2 and the Wii on July 15th. $29.99 at your local game purveyor nets you an additional 20 songs for the game, chosen from the DLC already available on the PS3 and 360. It's an okay mix I suppose, with some of my favorites - NIN's "March of the Pigs", Faith No More's "We Care A Lot", and Weezer's "Buddy Holly", but I much prefer being able to pick and choose my songs rather than be handed a chunk all at once.

I am going to assume these packs are standalone, going by the size of the files and both systems lacking a hard disk. Still, more Rock Band fun is more Rock Band fun, right?

http://kotaku.com/387195/wii-and-ps2-get-rock-band-track-packs-in-july

vicious1988
May 6th, 2008, 13:25
Ok, I guess Harmonix aren't as lazy as I previously believed. But I still say there should be some netplay for the Wii.

I might consider buying RB w/ this disc since the track list isn't too bad

30 Seconds to Mars The Kill
All American Rejects Move Along
Blink - 182 All the Small Things
Boston More Than a Feeling
David Bowie Moonage Daydream
Faith No More We Care A Lot
Grateful Dead Truckin'
The Hives Die, All Right!
KISS Calling Dr. Love
Lynyrd Skynyrd Gimme' Three Steps
Nine Inch Nails March of the Pigs