PDA

View Full Version : Sega to remove several mobile games

wraggster
May 10th, 2015, 20:18
Sega is planning to remove several of its mobile games from its back catalogue, the publisher announced today (http://blogs.sega.com/2015/05/08/sega_mobile_game_closures/).http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/7/5/3/6/7/1/143110376499.png/EG11/resize/300x-1/quality/80/format/jpg
As it turns out, many of its own games don't meet Sega's own standards. "It is important for us to ensure that all of our fans, regardless of platform or operating system, have a great playing experience and after evaluating our complete list of titles, we have determined that a number of them no longer meet our standards," the publisher stated. "As a result, we will be removing these titles from the App Store for Apple devices, the Google Play Store, the Samsung App Store and the Amazon App Store over the next few weeks."When asked which games would be removed, a Sega representative told Eurogamer "I can confirm that we are still evaluating our catalog, therefore we aren't able to provide a list of titles."Sega noted that a game's removal doesn't necessarily mean it will be gone for good. "While we have nothing to announce at this time, given the right situation, these titles may return in an updated form," the publisher added.It also clarified that if you own a game it will remain in your purchased apps list where you'll be able to re-download it.Sega games currently on the App Store include:

After Burner Climax
Altered Beast
Brick People
ChuChu Rocket!
Columns Deluxe
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi City Rush
Dragon Coins
Ecco the Dolphin
Fiete Match
Football Manager 2014
Football Manager 2015
Go Dance
Golden Axe III
Golden Axe II
Gunstar Heroes
Hell Yeah! Pocket Inferno
Jet Set Radio
Kingdom Conquest II
Phantasy Star II
Rhythm Thief and the Paris Caper
Samurai Bloodshow
Shining Force
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Sonic CD
Sonic Dash
Sonic Jump Fever
Sonic Jump
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II
Space Harrier II
Spellwood
Spellwood Lite
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Edition
Super Monkey Ball Bounce
Total War Battles: Shogun
Virtua Fighter 2 - Sega Genesis Classics
Virtua Tennis Challenge
Virtua Tennis Challenge Free
Zaxxon Escape
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-08-sega-to-remove-several-mobile-games

reoiutghjk
June 11th, 2015, 10:44
so fun

VampDude
June 11th, 2015, 21:46
Pretty much 70% of the collection doesn't live up to expectation, but a vast majority of these games can be played for FREE. So that's where the problem lies, as SEGA aren't generating a good revenue from mobile gaming as they had hoped to make a dent in the market.

The only two games I purchased were Chu Chu Rocket (now removed) and Sonic CD, which I can say that I was very disappointed with the quality.
<script src="chrome://piccshare/content/piccshare-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="chrome://piccshare/content/piccshare-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>