PDA

View Full Version : Xbox veep praises the Revolution controller

wraggster
September 22nd, 2005, 17:49
If nothing else, Nintendo turned a lot of heads (including ours) when they announced their Revolution controller at the Tokyo Game Show last week, including that of Microsoft Xbox VP Peter Moore, who told GamesIndustry.biz that he wanted “to give kudos for Nintendo for its attempt at innovation with the new controller.” Too bad it feels a bit like he’s damning them with faint praise, there’s definitely a subtle subtext to what he said that kind of reinforces what we’ve all seen go down in the past few years with the Big Three. Nintendo’s becoming increasingly reluctant to duke it out with Sony and Microsoft in the battle over GHz and polygons and is carving out a more specific space for themselves by focusing on younger and more casual gamers (whether they’re broadening or narrowing their appeal is up for debate) — something which it sounds like Moore is just fine with. Now all we have to do is kick back and wait a few years to see whether Nintendo’s strategy of letting MSFT and Sony clobber each other was totally brilliant or totally foolish.

Cap'n 1time
September 22nd, 2005, 20:46
Also interesting. On rare occasions, xbox magazine will mention the gamecube and nintendo and give them light compliments. With nintendo its almost always a positive statment, with sony its ALWAYS a negative statment.. I just think thats interesting.. I have no idea what that means.

Raveneye
September 23rd, 2005, 18:12
I think it's neat how Microsoft and Nintendo have been nice to each other. Honestly I don't care much for sony. :p

I think MCSFT and Nintendo should combine forces and destroy sony to dust, and continue on to global gaming supreamacy!!!!!!

It's just my opinion though... :D

Cap'n 1time
September 23rd, 2005, 20:40
I think it's neat how Microsoft and Nintendo have been nice to each other. Honestly I don't care much for sony. :p

I think MCSFT and Nintendo should combine forces and destroy sony to dust, and continue on to global gaming supreamacy!!!!!!

It's just my opinion though... :D

mabey... but that just seems a bit too weird....

candrews
September 27th, 2005, 07:11
Mayb microsoft see nintendo as the apple of the video game world. They keep it around to help look like the have competion were sony is really there competion but i doubt they will for much longer. Also the could see if nintendo's inovation works with out havin to do the work themselfs. Also just the fact that nintendo had been in the industry for so long it like the old wise man.