PDA

View Full Version : NeoDS v0.1.1a - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
May 7th, 2008, 16:38
ingramb (http://groups.google.com/group/neods) has today released a new version of the excellent Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS:

Heres whats new:

* Forgot to include updated NeoDSConvert is last version

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

davidcrew
May 7th, 2008, 19:30
yeah.. it doesnt work, it only converts the neogeo.zip, and not the other files (other file names spinmast.zip, svcplus.zip, wjammers.zip)

the old converter converted everything, so the files worked on the old one.

RamZee
May 8th, 2008, 01:52
M3 DS Simply with/without M3 Lite Ram expansion, XP.

Tested with previous .neo files for Metal Slug X and Blazing Star still good.

NeoDSConvert tested with World Heros (set 1) and Neo Drift Out (both Mame 0.124 roms) also good.

Both games now work.

I think I'll be getting another SD just so I can carry this emulator with me :thumbup:

israelg
May 8th, 2008, 06:27
What about the problems of the Super Card SD ???

I.G

-evilryu-
May 8th, 2008, 10:10
What about the problems of the Super Card SD ???

I.G

hi
i got it works on my SuperCard SD Rumble with different operations of all others homebrew.
If u want i can do a mini tutorial...

rancor01
May 8th, 2008, 13:45
davidcrew: Same for me.. The neoconvert program doesnt do anything. the last one made all of my files .neo, so something was changed and screwed up in this latest version.

jackkill
May 8th, 2008, 14:44
sorry was clean format that gave the strange speed

israelg
May 8th, 2008, 15:02
hi
i got it works on my SuperCard SD Rumble with different operations of all others homebrew.
If u want i can do a mini tutorial...

This will be very nice, for me & others...

10X!

I.G

Penguinator
May 8th, 2008, 15:54
Only converts neogeo.zip. Quite useless.

paul3100
May 8th, 2008, 19:01
So i was thinking now we have a neo geo emulator for the DS and also a couple of genesis/megadrive emulators.

Anyway the thing i was thinking was that the genesis and the neo were officially 16 BIT systems ok but wasn't the neo geo much more sophisticated than the genesis.

The best way to describe the neo geo is " a rich mans console " better graphics and sound, in fact there were games made up to 2004 as far as i know which is very impressive for any system.

So anyway to my point: if we are getting near perfect emulation on the best 16 bit system ever then why are we having so much trouble emulating the genesis & for that matter the snes?

I know both snes & genesis have come a long way on the DS both with sound and game compatibility and ,never mind about all those games with special chips such as virtua racer and starfox but just plain old genesis/snes games.

Im thinking that the neo geo emulator ( taken from mame) has just been ported and all the bugs ironed out from being used on other systems such as the pc, But then again so has the genesis & snes so what gives?

Anyway perhaps im just going on a bit, whats your thoughts on the current genesis/snes emulation and why they don't do as good a job as neo geo?

paul

-evilryu-
May 8th, 2008, 19:40
ok,i've followed these steps to get this emulator work on my Supercard SD Rumble:

1) download DS organize 2.5 (attention,i've tried a most recent version but it doesn't work) and patch the file exec_stub.bin(inside a dsorganize folder) with scsd_moon.dldi file(downlod here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/ )
2)download this file: http://www.fs2you.com/files/9ad14a0a-19bf-11dd-b7bf-00142218fc6e/

here there's a file: dldi.scp,yuo must rename this file in scp.dldi
and patch the neods (v.0.1.1) with this dldi file.

3)to convert the rom download this script http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2147505690&d=1209841764
and put it in the v.0.1.0 neods->NDSconvert folder.
In the same folder put the neogeo bios (the right is the first "neogeo.zip" google's website found).
Now launch the Convert script downloaded in step 3 that will convert the rom in rom.neo(only the rom with .bin files will converted/work).
Now put NeoDS patched and all the .neo roms in the root of the card.
Launch DSorganize 2.5,browse and launch neods.
Now you 'll see the rom,press start to launch it.

Bye

israelg
May 8th, 2008, 20:29
Can't you run the emulator without using the DS organize 2.5 ???

It worked before, what is changed ?

I.G

-evilryu-
May 8th, 2008, 21:40
Can't you run the emulator without using the DS organize 2.5 ???

It worked before, what is changed ?

I.G

doesn't work
i don't know why but all the others emu/hb doesn't work without dso for me.

MasterMan
May 8th, 2008, 22:06
A rock is a rock, a cow is a cow, a car is a car.
Don't start with this again, i grown tired of such whinings in every homebrew scene i came to acompany: DC, NGC, GBA, DS. "If console X is emulated, why not consoles Y and Z? they're older...".
See, NeoGeo has details wich make him easyer to emulate than genesis and SNES. That said emulate genesis is not the same as emulate the SNES, GBA, PCE or whatever.
It's the kind of null comparisson. There's no point.
And i would rather not harass a homebrew coder with this.

Shidori
May 8th, 2008, 22:09
paul3100, maybe you just have to stop "thinking", and start reading some stuffs about how emulation works...

The Neo Geo may need more ressources at first look but paradoxally is much "easier" to emulate than Genesis and SNES, even on PC's emulators... If you look at ZSNES for example, it's far from being 100% accurate, it uses speed hacks and newer versions always broke something; the recent BSNES is near 100% accurate but needs a hell of a machine to run (and do not emulate special chips yet!) compared with... Any Neo Geo emulators, this machine is already perfectly emulated!

And for your information jEnesisDS is actually faster than NeoDS and support FM sound; anyway both have their own problem to resolve and are great pieces of software especially considering the poor hardware of the DS, so just say thanks to the authors because they don't have to share their work with you and me but they do, you better show some respect for the hundreds of hours of hard work spent for the community.

BTW, great release ingramb! Compatibility is even more important now, i think you already know about the (minor) new bug in metal slug and uni-bios issues, keep up the good work and many thanks :thumbup:

Steely
May 8th, 2008, 22:53
Awesome. Just awesome. Thanks so much. This is great.

Hope to see some more emulator updates/releases. They're my favorite. :D

paul3100
May 9th, 2008, 14:57
you better show some respect for the hundreds of hours of hard work spent for the community.

If you think im not being respectable then your wrong, i respect the authors of all emulators talked about above greatly , i just didn't know all the facts till you and the other posted above helped me understand :-)

I have always been one for emulators on my pc and other systems and understand more than you both give credit for but not understanding the neo geo's hardware is the reason for my question, posted in the wrong thread actually...

Anyway please lets move back to NEODS chat ok

paul

brightprofiles
May 9th, 2008, 16:12
News, NewGames/upcoming games and wide Detailed Reviews about PSP NEW RELEASES: GAMES;MOVIES,MUSIC,REPAIR GUIDE ETC always appear on www.playstationportal.blogspot.com

With the addition of internet radio (via SHOUTcast) in psp firmware updates, PSP system owners will be able to choose from thousands of stations in a wide range of diverse genres.
Top 40 Pop? Check. Country? Check. Talk radio? Check. Share your favorite station with friends using the PSP system onboard speakers or keep it to yourself with headphones. Who knew expanding your music library could be so easy?
Requirements for Internet Radio on PSP® System:

(1) PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 system Wireless Internet connection environment (Wi-Fi) Memory Stick Duo on which Internet Radio application software is saved Firmware 3.80 (or later)
(2)PSP Headphones with Remote Control (optional) Note: Ensure that you are using the correct PSP Headphones with Remote Control for the PSP system that you own.

Getting Started

You must download firmware update 3.80 (or later) to your PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 system

Detailed Reviews about PSP NEW RELEASES: GAMES;MOVIES,MUSIC,REPAIR GUIDE ETC always appear on www.playstationportal.blogspot.com

Penguinator
May 9th, 2008, 16:40
News, NewGames/upcoming games and wide Detailed Reviews about PSP NEW RELEASES: GAMES;MOVIES,MUSIC,REPAIR GUIDE ETC always appear on www.playstationportal.blogspot.com

With the addition of internet radio (via SHOUTcast) in psp firmware updates, PSP system owners will be able to choose from thousands of stations in a wide range of diverse genres.
Top 40 Pop? Check. Country? Check. Talk radio? Check. Share your favorite station with friends using the PSP system onboard speakers or keep it to yourself with headphones. Who knew expanding your music library could be so easy?
Requirements for Internet Radio on PSP® System:

(1) PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 system Wireless Internet connection environment (Wi-Fi) Memory Stick Duo on which Internet Radio application software is saved Firmware 3.80 (or later)
(2)PSP Headphones with Remote Control (optional) Note: Ensure that you are using the correct PSP Headphones with Remote Control for the PSP system that you own.

Getting Started

You must download firmware update 3.80 (or later) to your PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 system

Detailed Reviews about PSP NEW RELEASES: GAMES;MOVIES,MUSIC,REPAIR GUIDE ETC always appear on www.playstationportal.blogspot.com

Now how in the name of god does this relate in any way to NeoDS???

LazerTag
May 9th, 2008, 20:52
would appear it's a bot or simply a spammer is all. Needs to be banned.

riodemes
May 10th, 2008, 02:07
i dunno, still not getting anywhere. I still get the z80 error.

crookedmouth
May 12th, 2008, 23:52
Drift Out works with the new version also. :)
Thanks again, incredible work.

-evilryu-
May 13th, 2008, 12:31
power spikes 2 works fine,but with no sound in the match(in the menu YES). :\

-evilryu-
May 14th, 2008, 18:44
super sidekicks 3 has big graphic problem.

Shidori
May 14th, 2008, 22:39
super sidekicks 3 has big graphic problem.

This game use raster effects which are not emulated, and will probably never be!

Some games using raster effects (found in Finalburn FAQ):

- Art of Fighting (the AOF logo in attract mode)
- Eight Man (the 8 logo in attract mode)
- Galaxy Fight (the floor and other elements during gameplay)
- Karnov’s Revenge (the floor during gameplay)
- Neo Geo Cup ‘98 (the pitch during gameplay)
- Neo Turf masters (the perspective views during gameplay)
- Samurai Shodown 3 (the floor in all levels, when characters jump)
- Sengoku 2 (the Sengoku logo at the start of the attract mode sequence)
- Syougi no Tatsujin: Master of Syougi (the logo again)
- Super Sidekicks 2 (the pitch during gameplay)
- Super Sidekicks 3 (the pitch during gameplay)
- Riding Hero (the road during gameplay)
- Super Dodgeball (the fire during attract mode)
- The Ultimate Eleven (the pitch during gameplay)
- Viewpoint (the Sammy logo in attract mode)
- World Heroes (the floor in most levels during gameplay)
- World Heroes 2 (the floor in most levels during gameplay)
- World Heroes 2 Jet (the floor in most levels during gameplay)
- Zed Blade (the parallax scrolling during gameplay)

Eclipse2582
May 15th, 2008, 20:29
Has anybody managed to get The Last Blade 2 working on NeoDS? If so, which BIOS did they use to convert the rom with?

(And before anybody accuses me of being a n00b, I have got NeoDS and a few games running fine on my CycloDS Evolution!)

stevieola
June 15th, 2008, 21:35
I got Last blade 2 working, Also dude, you guys should try playing king of fighters on this, it's sooo FUN!!!

gojinn
June 21st, 2008, 03:17
thank you for your work and the release!!

I just hope future versions will support better speed