PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV PS3 patch due today

Shrygue
May 7th, 2008, 18:22
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137406)

Rockstar and Sony plans to patch the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV today to improve the multiplayer experience.

Speaking to Eurogamer, a Sony source explained that the patch would help by "reducing the loads on the servers at GameSpy and hopefully the completely random hangs that some users have seen".

PS3 owners who bought GTA IV last week have had to endure problems connecting to the multiplayer service almost from day one.

What's more, some reported random crashes, for which Rockstar suggested that erasing game data and reinstalling as a possible solution.

This week, UK chart monitor Chart-Track reported that 926,000 copies of GTA IV were sold during its first week on sale here - with 413,000 of going to PS3 owners.

JKKDARK
May 7th, 2008, 19:03
Yeah, these problems are a shame. It seems the PS3 isn't the best machine for this great game.

thefanaticgamer
May 7th, 2008, 19:17
I hope this helps, I haven't even been able to play the game yet except for the 2 hours when I got it on launch day! I just can't figure out how sony QA guys could let somthing like this happen in the first place...

pibs
May 7th, 2008, 19:43
I own both versions of GTAIV and see no problems in none of them so far. I do feel the cops are more lenient with you on the ps3 version though lol might just be me though.

Cloudhunter
May 7th, 2008, 20:08
Yeah, these problems are a shame. It seems the PS3 isn't the best machine for this great game.

Apparently the XBox 360 has had problems aswell. Seems like that's not the "best" machine either...

I wonder how a site got such a biased news poster. Who's ass did you have to kiss?

Triv1um
May 7th, 2008, 20:53
It was already out when this was posted. Bad post.

It hasn't helped the multiplayer, and i never got the freezing anyway.

Napalm-Death
May 8th, 2008, 00:42

The 360 is actually worse. Surprise!!

JKKDARK
May 8th, 2008, 02:57
Nah, if it were worse it wouldn't sell more than the PS3 version.

wolfpack
May 8th, 2008, 03:20
Now, i have a 360 and it is a great game on there, and i dont have a PS3, HOWEVER my opinion is the reason the 360 made more sales is because im gonna take a guess that there are more people own a 360 than a PS3. Also, another plus that made more 360 sales is the DLC... though im pretty sure there will be an alternate DLC for PS3 and then about a year later they both get each others DLC.

for those of you that dont know what im talking about, DLC is downloadable content >_>

anyways, either way its a great game and hopefully this patch will help the PS3 gamers... there will prolly be a patch for the 360 version sometime soon.