PDA

View Full Version : Reverb v1.2

wraggster
May 7th, 2008, 18:32
News/release From ChrisP6825 (http://chrisp6825.googlepages.com/)

Reverb 1.2
by Chrisp6825

-----------------

To install :

Extract the Reverb folder to the GAME folder of you PSP.

-----------------

About :

This game is about trying to get the white ball into the big purple one while fighting gravity and friction with anti-gravity blocks.
You also want to get to the finish point with the shortest run, least amount of anti-gravity blocks, and fastest build time.
You have to avoid obstacles like bombs, walls, and traps, while jumping through portals and grabing keys.

This game is based on a game at addicting games I saw called "Compulse". My friend showed it to me and it seemed like a good chalenge to beat. After I beat it, I wanted to play it more. So I decided to put it on my psp and take it where ever I went, but the game was in flash and I hate the psp's lash player. So I thought it'd be fun to remake it and then play it on my psp.

This is a Lua game. I've tested it in Luaplayer HM 5.0 and 6.6. It did work on Luaplayer .20 but I added Mp3's to the game.

-----------------

Controls :

Move the "mouse" around with arrow keys or analog. If you hold L and move the analog it moves slower.
Press and hold X on the boxes to make new ones and place around on the course.
Circle resets the level, and Square deletes the top block under the mouse.
Start releases the ball, and Select pauses the game.
While in the menu, Select will also resume the game.
Up and down changes the selections in the menu's.

Change log :
-----------------

05-06-2008 - Reverb 1.2
Added main menu and in game pause-menu
Added background music
Added somewhat of a H.U.D.
"One-way" walls and floors
Option to turn music on or off
Fixed exit function (used to exit to Lowser if it was running, else it crashed)
Some graphic updates
Timer now counts on how long it takes to finish the level (used to count how long it took ball to get to finish)
Shows number of used blocks
Shows the expected number of blocks to use to finish the level, plus a challenge number also
Small improvements in physics and gravity
Greyed out menu items show what is expected in next release
Some bug fixes
*Known Bugs*
Death animation (stars) slowed down a bit. This is to keep the game from slowing down until I find a way around it.
Usual collision limitations
timer will sometimes jump up an extra 7000 seconds, for some unknown reason.
If more than one green/ yellow block is placed, it increases the strength of a single one. Still counts the new block.
Game slows down a small bit if block count is around 15 or 16.

http://chrisp6825.googlepages.com/gameplay.png

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments