PDA

View Full Version : PSPRadio v0.1a

wraggster
September 22nd, 2005, 19:06
Raf (http://rafpsp.blogspot.com/) has a released an early WIP Radio app for the PSP, heres the details:

I've been working on getting an internet radio client for the PSP.
I want it to support shoutcast servers, and for starters support MP3 format.
I'll worry about the interface later.
I got a C++ framework all set up already. This will allow people to develop applications for the PSP with sound/networking support a lot easier to do.
I got the networking to work too. (The profile is selectable via a config file, along with the mp3 file/stream(url)).

More.. I got the app in a state where it can play an mp3 file perfectly, and also an mp3 stream from a URL!!!!

More things to do (In no particular priority order)
-Nicer user interface
-Support for v1 playlists
-Support for v2 playlists
-Metadata retrieval (display song title from a online stream)
-ID3 tag parsing
-AAC support
-better shoutcast server support
-more configuration availability (buffers, etc)

Heres also the latest version news:

-I have playlist (v1) support working now.
-If anybody knows of a free hosting service with subversion support (like sf.net but with subversion instead of cvs), please let me know.

Download and try for youself from HERE --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspradio.shtml

parabolee
September 22nd, 2005, 20:32
Awesome!

Any chance of streaming from a hard drive??

Psyberjock
September 23rd, 2005, 02:19
This is amazing! I love it! When I first pressed play I couldn't believe my ears. As far as I can tell its perfect. If you need any help with graphics and the such, I'm no superstar but I know my way around photoshop and everything will be original. I also converted it to v1.0 eboot if anyone needs that.

We now have a streaming audio player and an avi player for the PSP. Why don't we combine the two and make them shake hands and start up a XBMC for the PSP!

smokey
September 23rd, 2005, 22:35
Fantastic, just what I wanted!!! Can now listen to di.fm on the move :) I hope you're the one who looked at my thread the other day!

Just need to get some bookmarks function on it so u can have a whole list of bookmarks now but apart from that its perfect!

Cheers dude!
Matt