PDA

View Full Version : UAPaint V 0.99d

wraggster
May 8th, 2008, 18:04
News/release from BassAceGold (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=4695.0)

While lurking in the forums, I found that a few people were looking for a pixel art program on the DS, and I had recently made a paint app that could be easily modified for pixel art. So I just updated it with a few more features to convert it towards more of pixel art type thing rather then a full blown paint app and here it is!

Features:
-Saving and Loading 256X192 24 bit bitmap images
-zooming & grid when fully zoomed
-Multiple draw sizes
-colors (just seemed mandatory to me...)
-fill tool
-line tool
-rectangle tool
-circle tool
-eraser.... Don't even really know if i should of added it as its just the draw tool stuck on white color
-Supports D-Pad Mode for plotting pixels (When fully zoomed)
-10 pallets ready for customization
-15 levels of undo!
-color editor: Supports all colors the hardware can support!

To do list!:
-Canvas Size (I'll have to find a way to do this... can't be that hard.)
-Color Opacity (maybe, not sure if its needed)
-options menu (may need to add other things)
-Remember size of pen when switching tools
-return to previous tool after using eye dropper
-add saving and loading custom pallet sets in color editor

Any suggestions are welcome!

Release History

Version .99d
-fixed load menu cursor bug (no longer uses stylus, and still no menu scrolling)
-added options menu (press start)
-grid can be toggled with select button (only when fully zoomed)
-New Stats tool, keeps track of X and Y position (color counter not completed yet)
-add color editor (touch the double pallet indicator in the top right of top screen)
-Removed Color history and replaced with custom pallets (added pallet via color editor by touching one of the ten pallet slots with selected color)
-improved D-pad mode controls (hold down to continuously move)
-fixed major saving bug

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

Glenaruto
May 10th, 2008, 05:08
This application is great! It's like a mix of MSPaint with photoshop. It would be better if it had an audio application with it to play music while I'm drawing.

Glenaruto
May 10th, 2008, 05:16
Oh and another thing it need is the curve tool, that tool is very useful*

cutout
May 10th, 2008, 10:40
Great! i've been wanting for a pixel are program on the DS for a while. Can't wait to check this out.

cutout
May 11th, 2008, 19:29
i really enjoyed using this program and look forwards to using it more. the only negative feedback i have is that the tool buttons could be larger and the central 'save/load' could be a lot smaller!

ToJa92
May 12th, 2008, 07:14
Would be cool if you can draw isometric lines, IE 2 pixels width, one pixel up and so on... Like a line tool but especially made drawing isometric lines...