PDA

View Full Version : Best Xbox Emulator/Homebrew Game Released So Far?

wraggster
May 6th, 2004, 23:42
Whats the best xbox emulator or Homebrew game released so far for the Xbox, which is the one emulator or game you would like to see ported or cloned to the Xbox.

Which emulator would you most like to see updated on the xbox.

tell us here :)

lantus
May 7th, 2004, 02:33
i might be biased, but i love xSnes9x. Current favorite rom: Arkanoid 2

Maybe Gatsu's zsnes port might take the mantle if he can finish it. I have high hopes for it.

Ok taking my stuff out of the picture, i think id have to go with KawaX, ScummVMx or Xenesis

homebrew is....none yet..but that new Star Wars game is looking quite nice :)

wraggster
May 7th, 2004, 08:33
Well Your Snes Emu is for me the best emu on the Xbox other than Xsnes9X, i would have to go to the Nintendo 64 emus although none really grab me as good as the ultrahle port.

For homebrew that starwars game looks dreamy and is the main one im keeoing my eye on :)

off topic but i have to ask :)

Would you ever consider doing emus/homebrew on the Dreamcast Lantus?

lantus
May 7th, 2004, 08:50
i keep a close eye on how things in the dc homebrew scene are going and i must say i am very envious about it. I kinda wish the xbox scene had the same level of enthusiam and talent.

re Dreamcast development : yeah quite possibly, but the Xbox is an amazing machine to code for, it would take an effort to pry me away :) i got into GC development for a while, i actually began porting Snes9x over to it, but i pretty much scrapped the project because i was never a fan of the PSO/BBA/Loader method to test code.

im getting a bit frustrated about the lack of effort on OpenXDK. Its getting closer, but its nowhere near the functionality as KOS. Of course, im not pointing fingers at any particular person, just a general dissatisfaction towards the lack of developments in the xbox homebrew scene. It all seems to revolve around modchips, hardware hacks and the like which i could care less about really.

wraggster
May 8th, 2004, 10:45
I think that because you dont have to mod the Dreamcast is the reason so many people still love the scene, theres an enthusiasm thats hard to beat, the gamecube scene is so hard to get into that i lose interest on that score.

The xbox scene needs to get the openxdk working and therefore move away from the use of the official kit.

The Dreamcast scene would love to have help from someone that has actually helped make progress to Snes9x.

Odb718
July 29th, 2004, 05:17
You know I'm digging surreal64! But my fav has to go to FBAX because of one game...
Xmen vs. Street Fighter
But I do play U-64X a lot lately.

And I think Lantus should devote all his time to Zinc for the next port. but without the open code... and the raw power....
Man, I just wanna see Street Fighter EX 1 and or 2 on the xbox!

Homebrew would have to be Doom.

Eric
July 29th, 2004, 09:25
Well i dont have an Xbox but i do often go to Xbox Evolution just to give me hints on what kinda of ports will work with dreamcast and i came along 2 nice homebrew games one like feet of fury but i dont know the name but very nice polished graphics and that star wars game looks really amazing