PDA

View Full Version : need help with modchip

popley
June 6th, 2004, 10:56
hi, i just orderd a Solderless Xenium mod chip, its the nestest one i guess. anyways, what do i need to do to be able to play emulators on it? after i intall the modchip should i be able to play them, or do i have to get some kind of bio thingy? (newbie at xbox), if this is agaist the rules im sorry, if someone could pm me, i will be greatful.

guymelef
June 6th, 2004, 12:02
try looking around www.megagames.com/psx I would say xb-power.com but that page has been abandon for some time anyone with anyother links?

popley
June 6th, 2004, 12:31
anybody know of a guide on how to make a emulator disk? are cdrw's better to work with xbox than cdr's?

guymelef
June 6th, 2004, 12:39
the only thing you can do withan unmodded xbox is transfer mp3s on cdrw and link your pc to it and watch movies on it. but why would you do a thing like that?
as i've stated before check out http://www.megagames.com/xbox/xbox.shtml they have a lot of very useful info

guymelef
June 6th, 2004, 12:42
of course you could also go to wraggsters http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/ and look at what he's got there this all a little off topic but it's for a sister community so why not help out

guymelef
June 6th, 2004, 13:08
sorry I didn't know that wraggster put his forums for xbox here

guymelef
June 6th, 2004, 13:09
hey I've been around for a while can I get a battlefield promotion to at least cool n00b or do you think that the troops would revolt

Cap'n 1time
June 6th, 2004, 15:49
you know they have all kinds of tutorials at www.xbox-scene.com

popley
June 7th, 2004, 00:41
i know, but i just want the basic's, most of them i read like half way and i get to confused so i stop and looking for others, all i want is what bio's make the emulators run (i have the newest cornwel), how do i make a disk image with nero. Other things i might want to know.

guymelef
June 7th, 2004, 06:51
have you heard of bit torrent? that is all I can say

guymelef
June 7th, 2004, 06:51
and all you should say

wraggster
June 7th, 2004, 19:11
we dont support any warez chat on here or Illegal Bios Talk(homebrew bios is another matter)

best thing you can do is go to

irc.zoite.net and the channel #xboxemu

they are the best chat for Xbox users .

Odb718
July 29th, 2004, 05:07
well, you wont find any legal xbox bios that will let you run emulators or any other unsigned code to easy. Cromwell is just an easy way of chip sellers to make it easy for their customers to put "Linux" bios on your mod chip.
In order to put the linux bios on the chip you need to make an Xiso. wich is an iso that's set up in xbox format. Nero can burn them easy. Linux bios will only let you run linux on your xbox. But soon there will be a stand alone media player that will run on the linux bios.

Some xbox dvd drives have hard times reading CDRW and even more cant read CDR. Lucky my samsund drive reads everything. Find out what drive you have. Cross your fingers it isnt a Thompson.

stef290175
June 26th, 2005, 00:07
some tuts over at http://www.modchip-store.co.uk mite help

Cap'n 1time
June 26th, 2005, 00:28
there is nothing illegal about the xbox cromwell bios... what the hell is the matter with you people?

you can indeed find this somewhere on this net and of course it runs unsigned code... i recommend you post at the xbox-scene.com forums.. dc emu isnt exactly known to be full of the most intelligent xbox hackers in the world... except me... im smart.

Jdemon
June 26th, 2005, 17:49
Sorry, I don't have any experience with that chip..have you tried the company you bought it from? I have a 1.6 Xbox and it will only read DVD-R and comercial CD's. I have found 2 Emulators that run right from the Disc, N64 and MAME. The MAME runs quite well but the N64 isn't so great..I'm assuming they both would run better directly from the HD, but I haven't really messed with any of that kind of stuff yet at all.

bosefasaurus
September 25th, 2006, 02:52
If you have a router, FTP into your Xbox. I prefer to use FlashFXP, but most FTP programs with passive mode should work. I'm assuming you have gotten some sort of dashboard running since you've used two emulators from cd, so what you'll probably need to do is create a folder on your main partition of the HD in your Xbox called Apps, or Games, or Emulators, and FTP the emulators. (the entire folder containing the default.xbe file) to the newly created folder. If it doesn't appear in the category of the dashboard, then use whatever file explorer the dashboard uses to find the default.xbe of the emulator and run it. I prefer to keep ROMS(that I legally own of course) on a cd/dvd to keep the Hard drive freed up for other stuff, however, if you have a big hd then by all means, load it up with ROMs. Whatever you do, be careful while FTPing so as not to delete any important files or else you'll be SOL when it comes to being able to boot the system.