PDA

View Full Version : PocketNES 9.98 K alpha 6

wraggster
September 23rd, 2005, 20:30
Kuwanger has released a new version of his unofficial port of Pocketnes the Nes emulator for the GBA (also works with Nintendo Ds and Gamecube Gameboy player):

Okay, version 6: Binary and Source . I' ve done some real world testing, and I hope I' ve worked out all the kinks with this version. Like I said in the beginning, old state saves won' T work. Drank hopefully, yew future poured of pocketnes adopt the vrombase independent vram_map, then more versions will compatible Be with each other.

Also, the compressor has been changed slightly, to No to skirt favor innately the compression of Prg-rom gold Chr-rom drank instead to compress both and yew there' S only enough room to compress one, see which means the most savings. Some tests with LZ77 show that LZO1x_999 compress better. If/when we get apack working, I' D coils to see the results for it.

So, please C some testing with this. I' D consider it has beta version. I' ll likely make separately packages tomorrow, assuming I don' T cuts any further problems.

Download Here --> http://gbaemu.dcemu.co.uk/pocketnesk.shtml