PDA

View Full Version : Zodttd Status Report

wraggster
May 9th, 2008, 20:58
I've spent the past few days working hard on psx4all. While it still runs too slowly on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, compatibility is getting better. For instance the games can now be properly loaded through the BIOS and the Sony Playstation BIOS screen appears.

Temper4iphone, the Turbo Graphix 16 / Turbo Duo (PC-Engine / PC-CD) emulator for the iPhone and iPod Touch is still on its way. Exophase, the author of emulator this port is based on, has released an update, and I'd like to incorporate those changes into the port.

For those wondering of the mystery package, it's of a Pandora. The Pandora is a purely homebrew driven handheld with a focus on video games. It uses bleeding edge technology and wow is it fast! At it's default 600MHz using the new OMAP3 processor, Playstation emulation of Final Fantasy 7 runs in-game at 65 FPS (a bit over fullspeed) or higher. When overclocked to 900MHz you start seeing 100 FPS and higher in-game!

While the Pandora will take some of my freetime away at the moment, I am still focused on Apple iPhone and iPod Touch software. No worries there. There's room for both here at ZodTTD.

Sorry for the delay in responding to private messages, I'll get right on that now. It's been a busy week indeed!

http://zodttd.com/