PDA

View Full Version : Wintendos v1.0

wraggster
May 9th, 2008, 21:32
Wintendos (http://wintendos.olympe-network.com/News.php) which looks like Windows XP for the DS has been updated, heres whats new:

Version 1.0 of Wintendos is available on the download page: correction many beugs, adding two programs, improved graphics, finally, I let you test yourself même.Si you encounter beugs, thank you to us on the forum in the category "Other

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

evilzippy
May 11th, 2008, 19:49
will check it out 8)

da_head
May 11th, 2008, 20:16
wait so wth does this do? i went to the site and saw things like:

Calculatrice : ajouté le 01/05/08
-Démineur
-Explorateur wintendos : il sera certainement reporté à cause d'un problème sur PAFS
-bloc-notes
-Paint
-Solitaire
-Spider solitaire
-wintendos media player
-wintendos live messenger
-Warcraft II(un peu simplifié Langue )
-Internet Explorer
-wintenrar(format .wrr au lieu de .rar)

is that true? or is that for future builds? translation please!!

tony_vodka2
May 11th, 2008, 20:30
Sounds interesting , will grab it and give it a whirl , cheers

masterchief929
May 11th, 2008, 21:22
those are future builds. it just has the notes and the calculator atm.

da_head
May 11th, 2008, 23:04
those are future builds. it just has the notes and the calculator atm.

this has gotta be bs. windows media player, internet explorer, AND windows live messenger all in one homebrew? when hell freezes over.

spinal_cord
May 11th, 2008, 23:19
this has gotta be bs. windows media player, internet explorer, AND windows live messenger all in one homebrew? when hell freezes over.

No, No, No, No...

WINTENDOS mediaplayer, messenger etc. NOT WINDOWS.

Anyway, I predict that most of the stuff in the list will fail.

da_head
May 11th, 2008, 23:25
No, No, No, No...

WINTENDOS mediaplayer, messenger etc. NOT WINDOWS.

yeah that's wat i meant, as in a beup, opera, moonshell program all in one. that's bs.

i give it two more releases, and the project will be declared dead.

ToJa92
May 12th, 2008, 07:09
Anyway, I predict that most of the stuff in the list will fail.

Hopefully not ;)

xehn
May 12th, 2008, 15:45
wow, way to be supportive. If I was releasing a work in progress homebrew with ambitious goals, I would sure be glad to get positive feedback from users like you guys. Encouragement like this would really make me want to continue working tirelessly for no pay on hobby projects like these.

Why would it have to fail? Why would it have to be bs? I'm pretty sure DSOrganize has IRC, Web, and an MP3 player all built into one program. I suppose that one is bs, too.

To the author of Windendos, keep it up! Don't let all of this negativity get you down. It's homebrew coders like you who actually WRITE software, not just diss it, who keep the scene active and worthwhile. Thank you!

masterchief929
May 12th, 2008, 15:58
i completely agree with xehn! ur program is going to be awesome!! PLEASE KEEP WORKING ON THE HOMEBREW!!!!

jaybud4
May 13th, 2008, 00:29
I'm going to take a guess by the French site that this guy can't even read English, so this whole conversation is moot anyway.
That or he doesn't know about this site. Or both.

da_head
May 13th, 2008, 02:16
wow, way to be supportive. If I was releasing a work in progress homebrew with ambitious goals, I would sure be glad to get positive feedback from users like you guys. Encouragement like this would really make me want to continue working tirelessly for no pay on hobby projects like these.

Why would it have to fail? Why would it have to be bs? I'm pretty sure DSOrganize has IRC, Web, and an MP3 player all built into one program. I suppose that one is bs, too.

To the author of Windendos, keep it up! Don't let all of this negativity get you down. It's homebrew coders like you who actually WRITE software, not just diss it, who keep the scene active and worthwhile. Thank you!

dude, do you even know what your talking about? i'm not here to put down anyone, i'm just being realistic. dsorganize has a shotty web browser, irc (who the hell uses that) and a mp3 player (it does?), AND the coder abandoned ship. this homebrew claims MUCH more than that. ok sure if someone claims they're gonna port crysis to ds (with an average of 2 frames per month), should i support them?

ok fine, go french guy! make this awesome homebrew!

Darkyesus
May 18th, 2008, 19:34
Gently, stop you up against me, the site is being translated and future versions arrive, but the project is far from dead. Of all the forums, they said that it would be death to 1 week, and it has continued. Today, the program has more than 1 month and he is doing better than ever, do not be afraid, I do not let you down;)

(Sorry if this is not very understandable, I use the translator google.)

elgoog
May 19th, 2008, 17:56
dude, do you even know what your talking about? i'm not here to put down anyone, i'm just being realistic. dsorganize has a shotty web browser, irc (who the hell uses that) and a mp3 player (it does?), AND the coder abandoned ship. this homebrew claims MUCH more than that. ok sure if someone claims they're gonna port crysis to ds (with an average of 2 frames per month), should i support them?

ok fine, go french guy! make this awesome homebrew!

Look burn in hell, web browser is probably the best out there at the moment, on DSOrganise, theres not exactly a flawless alternative.

IRC, well so many people use this, its often seen as more reliable that things such as msn, and particularly is popular with many tech wizards and coders.

And you obviously don't know what the hell you are on about, DSOrganise has always had an MP3 Player ever since some of the first releases.

I'm not saying this is at all likely to be continued as far as it says, heck ID settle for what it is now, We should support new coders into the community, and offer praise and new ideas, and also help to some newbie coders. So stop dissing all these people and go be a sadist somewhere else.

-Goog.

crookedmouth
May 21st, 2008, 02:52
Look burn in hell, web browser is probably the best out there at the moment, on DSOrganise, theres not exactly a flawless alternative.

IRC, well so many people use this, its often seen as more reliable that things such as msn, and particularly is popular with many tech wizards and coders.

And you obviously don't know what the hell you are on about, DSOrganise has always had an MP3 Player ever since some of the first releases.

I'm not saying this is at all likely to be continued as far as it says, heck ID settle for what it is now, We should support new coders into the community, and offer praise and new ideas, and also help to some newbie coders. So stop dissing all these people and go be a sadist somewhere else.

-Goog.

While burn in hell might be a bit rough, lol, I agree. I don't think dahead himself knows what he's talking about. He says he's not putting anyone down then bad talks one of the finest homebrews ever made.
I don't think that these coders are looking for support from you anyway.

Plus I wanted to mention that DSO also plays SIDs(c64 tunes) and more. :)

Initially I thought that Wintendos was a tease, but after really getting into DSO, I think it would be good to see another "DS-OS". I hope that the coders don't give up on it. Great stuff.

da_head
May 21st, 2008, 20:19
then bad talks one of the finest homebrews ever made.

i think you misunderstood what i meant. i wasn't trying to badmouth dsorganize. my point was, such a famous homebrew like that even had some problems/limitations (thought it was still awesome), yet these people claim that this homebrew will do about 5 times more things (exaggerating). that's Y i'm doubtful. god.

GeEk_MaGiC
May 21st, 2008, 21:15
Initially I thought that Wintendos was a tease, but after really getting into DSO, I think it would be good to see another "DS-OS". I hope that the coders don't give up on it. Great stuff.

from wat i read on another form app DSO creator is ditchin the project

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88085&highlight=dsorganize&page=3

sad since i jus started usin nd mes lovin it :(

crookedmouth
May 22nd, 2008, 00:21
i think you misunderstood what i meant. i wasn't trying to badmouth dsorganize. my point was, such a famous homebrew like that even had some problems/limitations (thought it was still awesome), yet these people claim that this homebrew will do about 5 times more things (exaggerating). that's Y i'm doubtful. god.

You can understand how your comment could be construed as "badmouthing". ;)