PDA

View Full Version : My view on hacking future homebrews

Lord_Rob
September 24th, 2005, 00:42
I think that in sony's future system updates, sony may make is so that certain homebrews will be allowed to be played on the psp. Sony already knows that people want to hack it for all kinds of things, weather it be homebrew or something else. In 2.00 they already put in a web browser and a substitute for stuff like psppersonalize. I dont know how they would actually restrict certain kinds of homebrew and allow other kinds. Maybe sony will make its own emulators or something especially for this stuff. But that still leaves out what exactly the emulator is for...illegal games. And sony cant do anything about that but say "Only play this if you have the actual cartlige". But overall I think in the future, system updates will bring more and more homebrew apps ....with some restriction of course....basically im just arguing with myself...but feel free to express your views on this subject

xuphorz
September 24th, 2005, 00:50
never will sony ever have homebrew allowed

that's like asking microsoft to give all it's money to chairty

Lord_Rob
September 24th, 2005, 01:13
Not if it will have certain restrictions.

xuphorz
September 24th, 2005, 01:19
i read your first post before, and i disagree, that's why i said what i said

sony is the screwiest electronic company around

F34R
September 24th, 2005, 06:00
There was an article that someone involved with Sony/PSP has mentioned that somewhere down the line, they might allow homebrew to be ran on the PSP. Not in the near futre, but towards the end of its cycle I assume.

As far as them allowing homebrew in the next year or two, I doubt it as well. They may include additional support for other apps, or include the apps themselves. i.e. webrowser, ability to customize the dash with your own pics. This isnt considered homebrew, rather, its just added features.

slik da relic
September 24th, 2005, 16:01
if "homebrew" constitutes just emus, no. if it constitutes everything, then yes, a few. psp personalize is a good example. thats something that dont require copyrights and patents (permission) from other companies.

da relic

Sollen
September 24th, 2005, 22:51
No, Sony will never insert Emulation in their machines,but sure,It would be nice if they added homebrew support.

ArchAngel
September 25th, 2005, 08:13
My views on sony and their homebrew problem is this...
I think they purposely leave expoits in their software to be hacked, because they know
the size of the homebrew world, and it also means that everyone of them is going to buy a PSP. They also know that if falty homebrew comes about, that turns their PSP into a brick, they will have to spend another $250 on one. The only reason they update is to keep legal issues out of their hair regarding exploits left open if the officials find out. look at the GTA: Vice City game, apparently they are being sued for programming that purposely left a loophole in for nudity. Rockstar gaming knew it was there, and now that someone found out, they are trying to cover it up. My guess is Sony knows exactly what they are doing. My single piece of evidence is the "games" selection from your memory card. Ofcourse there would be official homebrew from sony and other affiliated companies... but couldnt it be included in Released games for their cash benefit?

Thats just my opinion.

shizzle
September 25th, 2005, 09:49
I think they will allow A software dev kit, like the net yaroze and allow demos to be launched from the stick.

quzar
September 25th, 2005, 10:22
To my knowledge the only company to openly encourage homebrew are the makers of the GP32. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is Sega's quiet acknowlegement of the Dreamcast homebrew community as being legal. Net yaroze didn't count because it would not allow you to run software on non-net yaroze PSXs (that I know of).

odds are sony will never allow it because it is way to easy to be used for piracy.

Lord_Rob
September 26th, 2005, 00:37
talking from archangels view...if sony happens to "accidently" open a path for hackers, the only one who is going to get in trouble is the hackers. Sony wont because it has a very legitamate excuse too get themselves out of it....the updates themselves. So i think sony will definatley leave a path or a secret way to homebrew.