PDA

View Full Version : PSP v2.0 Exploit Update - Binary Loader Released

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 12:33
The same group (with no official homepage) who released the V2.0 exploit yesterday have today released a new what they call a Pure Binary Loader, heres the readme:

Pure binary loader.

* it's loaded at 0x08810000
* it's max 64 kB
* it's pure binary MIPS code
* you have to use syscalls and not NIDs
* it runs in user space!
* it's called h.bin (paint screen blue yay!) in the root of the MemoryStick

Set the frame_buffer.png as background like before and Place the new overflow.tif in the photos dir and the h.bin on the memory stick. It loads ms0:/h.bin

Interesting stuff eh, the 64kb limit is going to be a major hurdle but at last it SEEMS that things are looking up for PSP V2.0 owners and a much safer way than flashing your firmware.

Download via the comments (can V2.0 owners upload screens and post any findings.)

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 12:56
Invalid/Corrupted?

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 13:08
fixed now, weird

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 13:11
Excellent stuff, this looks very promising. Thanks for fixing the link.

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 13:28
yeah they will need to increase the load size but this is hopefully a much better way of doing things than messing with bloody downgraders etc

Bricked PSPs we all dont want

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 13:33
I hope that this is meant to happen... It goes blue as described, but after 5-12 seconds, it turns off? It can be turned back on by simply sliding the power switch as normal (none of this removing/reinserting battery). Is the switch off meant to happen?

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 13:52
cant say as i dont own a v2.0 but its a legit release

jimjamjahaa
September 24th, 2005, 14:38
exciting stuffs, but i am petrified of bricking my psp and wont touch anything untill its a) useful and b) well tested :S

YourStillWithMe
September 24th, 2005, 14:45
Question-How are we going to load games from the PHOTO folder?????? were not exactly going up and selecting a game or homebrew app from a folder or anything what is there a glitch in this folder that allows us to open stuff? I mean this looks really cool and all but how is this helping us exactly??

I'm telling you I honestly believe this system can be cracked via the game folder. . . You know why I believe that is that because the photo icons are still coming up and Sony still has the GAME folder in 2.0 Wouldnt they just get rid of that game folder and make something like UPDATE instead of the GAME folder??? I think it just reads them like a completely different file almost There just has to be some minor editing to the EBOOTS we make. . .

once again how are we going to run homebrew from this people???

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 14:50
I imagine somebody will make a binary file which brings up a list of apps locted within the GAME folder. This binary file will be activated the same way as the current one.

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 15:01
yeah i would imagine the same, the only thing to do is keep listening and keep investigating ourselves

YourStillWithMe
September 24th, 2005, 16:28
one downfall to this method is the photos now we cant view our photos i still can though with my 1.5 :)

I think this is cool but I still think we need to try a hack in the GAME folder as we thought it would happen in. . .its just sooooo much better

That's why if the hack is made on 2.0 within this photo folder stuff im just gonna stay on my 1.5 (disguised 2.0) as long as possible.

however i know this is great news for those who updated. (i still dont think anyone should. . . you never know when somethings gonna happen for your 1.51 or 1.52) You could wake up tomorrow and someone couldve cracked 1.51 (which i think 1.51 and 1.52 are probably very possible to crack. . )

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 16:41
You could still view photos, simply remove the overflow file via USB :p. But I see what you are trying to say, it is inconvenient, especially if you are away from your PC, and (for example) want to show somebody a picture stored on the PSP.

But I pick homebrew over pictures anyday.

Niacin
September 24th, 2005, 16:45
I would like to mention that DCemu stole this post from pspupdates and changed the readme and repacked the files. Toc2rta will not stand for this. Development is done to help the PSP community. Removing our irc server details from the readme is an insult. Please fix this.

\Niacin
Toc2rta

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 16:54
Hi PSPupdates steals and changes readmes all the time to make it seem like the release came from them, ive no problem linking to a site but they use bad practices and they are more guilty than all.

Time and time again ive had to search for the original source and so that makes them unreliable.

If you could prove who you are and better still link me to your website ill be glad to change things.

Niacin
September 24th, 2005, 16:57
join irc.toc2rta.com and private message me or check out psp-hacks.com they have the readme in tact.

Cap'n 1time
September 24th, 2005, 17:46
whatever the case. you have missinformed people in this server that think "pspupdates rules". anyway help the cause. Lets show were above that crap.

I was told I could be glined if I said anything bad about pspupdates. not that I give a rats ass, its not like I have anything important to add to their discussion. If they want pspupdates to advertise them and reel in some gimme gimme idiots into their chatroom thats their concern.

Niacin
September 24th, 2005, 18:16
whatever the case. you have missinformed people in this server that think "pspupdates rules". anyway help the cause. Lets show were above that crap.

I was told I could be glined if I said anything bad about pspupdates. not that I give a rats ass, its not like I have anything important to add to their discussion. If they want pspupdates to advertise them and reel in some gimme gimme idiots into their chatroom thats their concern.

I/We didn't missinform anyone. Funny i don't ever remember saying "pspupdate rules". You were likely told not to bad mouth pspupdates in front of the pspupdates staff. Which is considered common courtesy. As for advertising it has nothing to do with that. Modifying release files is considered bad form. I asked the owner of the site to fix it. He still hasn't......

Tomppa
September 24th, 2005, 18:49
So still you say this is crap and I should not upgrade to 2.0?

Tron_Fan
September 24th, 2005, 19:16
Wouldnt they just get rid of that game folder and make something like UPDATE instead of the GAME folder??

I forsee that in the near future that we'll be able to download games for a one time charge to our PSP's and play them forever. Like you can on cell phones right now with classic arcade games like Galaga.

I have 2.0 and this kind of stuff interests me, but I am not a code developer so I probably wont be testing it until someone has a practical application for it.

Very interesting though. Beats javascript.

Shannon
September 24th, 2005, 19:17
well psp-hacks lists this information as originating with them. So I think there is a little discrepency about where it came from. Regardless all this drama is petty.

As for the exploit. I'm kinda not surprised. If anyone remembers Sony removed the ability to change the desktop at some point and chances are it was because of this problem.

A clue for any hacker would be any features that Sony all of a sudden pulls or changes that something exploitable may be there.

Psphreak
September 24th, 2005, 19:17
Tomppa, stick with what you have for now.

YourStillWithMe
September 24th, 2005, 20:03
Tompa read my signature buddy. . . .

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 20:18
If you want the web browser I honestly believe you need a girlfriend/boyfriend! SURF THE NET ON A PC OR LAPTOP!

If you want to play emulators I honestly believe you need a girlfriend/boyfriend! PLAY OLD GAMES ON A PC OR LAPTOP!

parabolee
September 24th, 2005, 20:32
Regarding the not being able to view photo's -

If we are anble to run homebrew from V2.0 then there are some great programs for viewing images, Ones that are much better than the standard Sony PSP one.

That would fix that problem easily.

jimi.vicious
September 24th, 2005, 21:17
If you want to play emulators I honestly believe you need a girlfriend/boyfriend! PLAY OLD GAMES ON A PC OR LAPTOP!
But I don't have a laptop and I can't carry my PC on the bus! :)

Seriously though, I think this is a very important development. Surely the next step is to write a small program that dumps the firmware, either to the memory stick, through infrared, usb or whatever.

Once people can examine the firmware, disassemble it and start seeing how it works, who knows where that will take us?

Cap'n 1time
September 24th, 2005, 21:28
I/We didn't missinform anyone. Funny i don't ever remember saying "pspupdate rules". You were likely told not to bad mouth pspupdates in front of the pspupdates staff. Which is considered common courtesy. As for advertising it has nothing to do with that. Modifying release files is considered bad form. I asked the owner of the site to fix it. He still hasn't......

Oh, well if you have a bad memory thats fine too.. I also have a bad memory.. so I keep logs. "pspupdates rules :>"
"so i would watch what you say if you don't want to get glined :P"

perhapes its not you.. its your evil twin eh?