PDA

View Full Version : An Old Hack

YourStillWithMe
September 24th, 2005, 15:07
I'm looking for an old eboot (not that old)

it was a 2.0 hack somebody got passed the flash on the 2.0 and i think it was with a fake 2.10 update in the GAME folder can someone send me that eboot if they have it? I have an idea

Basically heres a quick overview to it-Ok when we load a corrupted file on 1.5 it does not like it when we load a 1.5 app on 2.0 it doesnt get passed the flash and it says immediatly "file corrupted" or whatever it is. The way i see 1.50, 1.51, and 1.52 is that if it can get to the loading scren than it likes the file but its just not formatted right so if the 2.10 hack loaded on 2.0 and got past the flash it liked the file but once again it just didnt "appear right"

example-the 1.0 eboot being loaded on a 1.5 gets past the flash but there had to be some fixer uppers to it (the file had to be split into two separate folders.)

I think people should work on 1.52 as well as the new 2.0 we need to take little steps instead of going straight to the big "mother ship" If we get .51 and .52 we can say "well we had to do this to get it on .52/.51 maybe we need to. . .blah blah blah and we can learn from past firmwares. Bu yeah anyway i need that eboot please. . .

Thank you

Cap'n 1time
September 24th, 2005, 15:13
I dont know about a 2.10 hack.. but you can pretty easily get passed that corruption messages. search my posts for the header hex change found by wab.

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 15:25
You mean this:

http://www.jasonsantucci.co.uk/test.zip

?

Cap'n 1time
September 24th, 2005, 15:39
You mean this:

http://www.jasonsantucci.co.uk/test.zip

?

well thats the lame way to do it via "update" folder. Another way that did the same job involved you using kexploit and splitting them. and then changing the NON% eboot's header with a hex editor a tiny bit... same results, no update folder.

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 15:41
Lame or not, i'm pretty sure this is the file YourStillWithMe was requesting.

YourStillWithMe
September 24th, 2005, 22:12
it was the file that i wanted and my idea didnt work thanks anyway though!

JasonSantucci
September 24th, 2005, 22:20
No problem mate.