PDA

View Full Version : PSP v2.0 Hello World!

wraggster
September 24th, 2005, 22:32
Groepaz has released the first Homebrew Code on the PSP v2.0 in the form of Hello World, we shall see where this goes, the hello world is written on top of the graphics so is this a real exploit to play homebrew, well we shall see.

Source- PSPHacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/)

toc2rta free development network have done it again - one step closer to full homebrew on the 2.0!

Pure binary loader.

* it’s loaded at 0×08810000
* it’s max 64 kB
* it’s pure binary MIPS code
* you have to use syscalls and not NIDs
* it runs in user space!
* it’s called h.bin (Hello world) in the root of the MemoryStick

Set the frame_buffer.png as background like before and Place the new overflow.tif in the photos dir and the h.bin on the memory stick. It loads ms0:/h.bin

Download ‘Hello World’ for v2.0 and source below (via the comments)

gas19d
September 25th, 2005, 00:22
greatttttt i hope they get all homebrew running on it soon cuz i really want to update to v2.0 but super mario world keeps me at 1.50

gas19d
September 25th, 2005, 00:22
greatttttt i hope they get all homebrew running on it soon cuz i really want to update to v2.0 but super mario world keeps me at 1.50... good luck!

YourStillWithMe
September 25th, 2005, 01:22
I think this is really cool and really stupid at the same time. I would prefer the games being loaded through the GAME folder as opposed to a glitch in the photo folder. No we can't even view our pictures through the psp thats ridiculous. You cant even close the application (so far) so im sticking to just hanging out with my 1.5 i have a 2.0 to and i did try this out its ok not that special its dumb because the psp menu still shows up haha

wraggster
September 25th, 2005, 02:52
im with ya, at the moment its a way to get something to show but is it really any good and worth the fanfair, we shall see

Psyberjock
September 25th, 2005, 02:57
Can someone post some screen shots of this? I'm interested in it but I don't have a 2.0.

*o*
September 25th, 2005, 03:06
i would rather lose photo viewing video watching and music and have homebrew seeing all those apps could be emulated

Allergenetic
September 25th, 2005, 04:18
I don't know the first thing about programming, but I would like to ask this question. Is it a possibility that a launcher could be placed for the h.bin and from there it would load the data needed from PSP/Game? That way the only limitations would be a 64 kb boot file, which isn't a big deal.

bill00000
September 25th, 2005, 04:19
I think this is really cool and really stupid at the same time. I would prefer the games being loaded through the GAME folder as opposed to a glitch in the photo folder. No we can't even view our pictures through the psp thats ridiculous. You cant even close the application (so far) so im sticking to just hanging out with my 1.5 i have a 2.0 to and i did try this out its ok not that special its dumb because the psp menu still shows up haha

That's a pretty rotten attitude coming from someone who claims to be working on cracking 2.0 themselves. And if 2.0 has homebrew, you can use the far superior JPG viewer software.

If we could get this to launch, say the new file assistant, we could run all homebrew.

Edit: Also, how soon until Sony comes out with 2.1, with an updated library for viewing TIFF files?

YourStillWithMe
September 25th, 2005, 04:48
Im trying to figure out how to run apps through the GAME folder (I'm not dedicating my life to it though. . .I work on it like 2 hours a day MAYBE ) im not saying this isnt a good find i just think it isnt a GREAT one like we should start praising the person who figured this out. When i see NESTERJ or ZSNES run i'll praise them

enough said from me

urherenow
September 25th, 2005, 05:12
I have an idea in mind, but I'm sure far more skilled people than me are already trying to figure it out :) That is... 64k should be just big enough to write code that will simply 'intercept' syscalls to check the signed code status of a file before running. If the instruction to do that check was removed (patch a noop into RAM?), we'd be getting somewhere...

just a pipe dream :P

Erban Terrorist
September 25th, 2005, 07:02
Iv come to this site ever since the psp came out in japan,and never knew how to register...........great site btw