PDA

View Full Version : MegaETk sourcecode released!

wraggster
May 12th, 2008, 20:11
via ETkoala

Here you are:

It was many time ago since I released the latest MegaETk version, and people kept asking me when I was going to add DLDI support to it. I personally won't do it (I left MegaETk development already) but I will finally let you do, for whoever wants to.
You will be able to add more levels and monsters too.
If you want to do it, please read this:
Code:

This code is released for public DS homebrew.
If you want to change/edit and release it to public, please contact me before doing it.

Notes:
-You will probably have to port MegaETk to latest PAlib version (I'm sure it won't work with actual.. megaetk was created with an old PAlib version, which was new in it's creation)

-Game had a encryption for saves, I removed it before releasing to public because the person who gave me the code didn't want it public. (Removed encryuption/decryption lines, it may or not work.. it should work)

-If you want to add any more monsters, you can use the tools I've added (after drawing it), you will have to recompile the 'Event Editor' if you want to add it in your own level (visual studio 200X(3?)).

DLDI Support needs: update fatlib and fix PAlib changes (it won't compile in latest version, something shouldn't be working now in the game with that).

Good luck!
etk.scener.org

http://etk.scener.org/index.php?op=showproject&st=34

kcajblue
May 13th, 2008, 01:53
megaetk was a great game.
hope someone does something great with the source.

ZAFDeltaForce
May 13th, 2008, 12:58
Hopefully, someone will add DLDI.

madcat1990
May 13th, 2008, 18:31
I've been trying, but it keeps giving me errors and errors...

zzt
May 13th, 2008, 20:16
As I cannot program worth a darn, I want to at least cheer on anyone who is working on a DLDI version of this as I have played this with no save and IT ROCKS!

Lastron
May 13th, 2008, 21:12
If this game had DLDI im sure it would become a model example of DS homebrew.
Aside from that eveyone who notices this topic who has played mega etk is thinking "DLDI, DLDI, DLDI" but in actual fact there is just so much potential for other things, like the completion of the ingame level editor or even using the perfectly programed physics in a completely different project! (e.g mario fangame)

All this with permision from the initial auther of course!

Overall this is massive news

madcat1990
May 13th, 2008, 21:42
I've been working with this..

Still have some FAT things to work out...

I'll post what I've "fixed" so far

note: By the looks of it, these "Fat" operations are what are missing, if someone could please pick this up and give it a hand, I would be thankfull!

ETk
May 14th, 2008, 15:09
I think you just have to make it compatible with last PAlib (make it compile), .. I think PAlib has DLDI support already, i dont know :S

madcat1990
May 14th, 2008, 17:21
it IS Palib Compatible

But they want DLDI

Therefore I have to use the fat.h lib

(like I did)

but there are lots of declarations from the old Fat library that I have no knowledge of..

ETk
May 14th, 2008, 17:56
but there are lots of declarations from the old Fat library that I have no knowledge of..

you can allways change the loading-save code, there's a function (which you give the data) that translates that 'datasave' to the game, and other that translates the game data to a ready-to-write 'data' buffer.

Tell me if you don't understand anything, I can solve your doubts ;)

madcat1990
May 14th, 2008, 18:12
it would be nice, but what I'm saying is...

There are some constants and functions from the old FAT library that I don't know about...

need to translate them to the NEW one..

to have DLDI Support! =D