PDA

View Full Version : Wii clones hit Brazil

wraggster
May 12th, 2008, 22:28
via insert credit (http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/002337.html)

It has always been easy to find not-so-honest famiclones masquerading as other consoles around here --- to this day the famed Polystation tricks customers at most small import stores. Now gamereporter.org is reporting on a recent crop of Wii lookalikes:

Wii Vision is a black Wii copycat with wireless controls. Amazingly, it comes from local maker Dynacom, a more-or-less respected company which any Brazilian knows for their Dynavision famiclone - the guys have balls! Just like the Polystation, the Wii Vision has a NES slot that'll surely disappoint the kids of gullible parents who buy this to play Wii games. Comes with (allegedly) 111 in-memory games, an extra cart with more 106 games, and a light gun.

Now the Chinese Multigame Multilaser, by contrast, actually includes six infrared games with special-purpose controllers, including a soccer shoe! It's supposed to be 16-bit, and a second cart adds 16 conventional games --- no word if they're original or if this is an SNES-compatible. If I can put my hands on one of those I'll report more.

The price is around R$279 ($165) for Wii Vision and R$349 ($207) for Multigame; of course, much cheaper than the R$1000 the Wii is going for in the gray market. Thanks to Wendel for the tip.

screens via comments

masterchief929
May 12th, 2008, 22:48
thats so retarded. nintendo should sue them out of business.

JKKDARK
May 12th, 2008, 22:52
wow and they are expensive O_o

Shrygue
May 12th, 2008, 23:48
I think I saw those before somewhere but still that's just so stupid for more cheap knockoffs of the Wii, this time in Brazil. As if the the Vi and Wu fakes in Eastern Asia aren't enough. Ridiculous!

Saracchini
May 13th, 2008, 00:09
Nintendo sue Multilaser .... bah... Nintendo does not care about the game market here... even in the time of NES. We can only buy a Wii or DS in gray market or in the hand of importers which sells it with abusive prices. Everyone prefers pirated games because none will pay about $200 for a single game.

In the good times when TecToy manufactured the Sega videogames like Master System , Genesis and Dreamcast, games was much less expensive than now.

Anyway... noone with knowledge of videogames here will buy this thing. I can say the same thing for clones of Playstation like Polystation.