PDA

View Full Version : Yabause 0.9.5 WIP News - Sega Saturn Emulator for WII

wraggster
May 12th, 2008, 22:56
Bluecrab posted on our Sega Saturn News site about a new version of the Sega Saturn Emulator Yabause, theres no release for Wii at this time but the source code is there apparently.

Heres whats new:

wii port:
- Added support for bios and game loading from sd card.
- Added sound support.
- Added usb keyboard support.

No news on a release but its encouraging to see some life on a Sega Saturn emulator for the Nintendo Wii:

http://sega-saturn.dcemu.co.uk/yabause-0-9-5-released-112017.html

vicious1988
May 12th, 2008, 23:28
Can't wait, it would be really tight if I could boot my old Saturn discs from the Wii's DVD drive.

Dr Eggman
May 13th, 2008, 00:12
Would be SICK to have SS emu on Wii. Maybe play Sonic R or Sonic Jam.

Jay6
May 13th, 2008, 00:26
I can't wait to play NiGHTS Into Dreams, and some other SS classics. :P

PeyeRate420
May 13th, 2008, 00:31
wii knights is really good ;) actually if your into the nestalgia of it but i agree running through the original would be alot of fun! also Daytona usa with the horse code was fun virtua cop and virtua fighter were also sweet!

JKKDARK
May 13th, 2008, 00:40
Of course it would take a long, long time until we see something running there.

PeyeRate420
May 13th, 2008, 03:01
agree again...lol i loaded a cps2 rom on the new compiled version of MAME last night ...took a entire 34 min to load it! marvel vs capcom does not work yet btw "even after getting the "missing CHD files" it will load...decrypt, encode ect then when mvsc starts to load it crashes and your wii is promted to reset but megaman worked ok!

anyway i would guess the load times would be crazy but hey its nice to see that effort put forth! best of luck and we support you!

idapimp
May 13th, 2008, 06:15
sweet. i love seeing new emulators come out. good work coders.