PDA

View Full Version : 'Skies of Arcadia 2' (Wii) In the Works

JKKDARK
May 13th, 2008, 11:02
via WorthPlaying (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=52073)

According the German SEGA blog (http://www.sega-magazin.de/segaon/2008/05/07/exklusiv-skies-of-arcadia-2-definitiv/), who was also first to unveil Sonic Unleashed a few weeks back, a sequel to the Dreamcast RPG Skies of Arcadia is in the works, scheduled to be officially announced later this year. While there are no further details revealed, more information should be come available at the Tokyo Game Show, although it is said a PS3 version of the game is a possibility.

linkinworm
May 13th, 2008, 11:10
i cant wait for this i spent over 100 hours on one save file and have completed the game about 40 times, SoA is an awsome game, i hope they dont change the engine to much from SoA

AngelicLiver
May 13th, 2008, 19:55
You hope they don't change the engine too much? As much as I love the original Skies of Arcadia I hope they give it a complete graphical overhaul, it's not aged particularly well graphically. So long as they maintain the gameplay and create some general continuity plot wise I'll be a happy bunny.

Something stinks about the whole thing, this rumour has been flying around for months and we've yet to get definitive confirmation from Sega or their WOW division. I'll believe it when I see footage or we get a real press release.

linkinworm
May 13th, 2008, 21:58
You hope they don't change the engine too much? As much as I love the original Skies of Arcadia I hope they give it a complete graphical overhaul, it's not aged particularly well graphically. So long as they maintain the gameplay and create some general continuity plot wise I'll be a happy bunny.

Something stinks about the whole thing, this rumour has been flying around for months and we've yet to get definitive confirmation from Sega or their WOW division. I'll believe it when I see footage or we get a real press release.i said engine not graphics different things i know the graphics will be better, but the rpg style was good they way they did it, there was something about it that was just perfect

PeyeRate420
May 15th, 2008, 21:57
it was easy to "forget the real world" as it is with a game like the original ff7 ;) thats what makes a gr8 RPG is that feeling totally agree man keep the gameplay original theres nothing to fix there :)