PDA

View Full Version : Boll on GTA movie: "I'm right guy to do it "

Shrygue
May 13th, 2008, 19:17
via Computer and Video Games

Movie director Uwe Boll reckons he could be the best person for the job of directing a movie based on Grand Theft Auto IV.

"Grand Theft Auto would be super interesting for me, and I think I would actually be the right guy to do it," he said, adding, "because my movies are all bloody and violent and I don't have a problem with action scenes.

"But look, they will go, in the end, with a Michael Bay or a Brett Ratner, and it will be a PG-13 movie made for $150 million. I think it would be better to make a $30 million, very hard, brutal movie without compromising, but I'm not optimistic."

More info here (http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/05/uwe_boll_on_why_hes_the_perfect.html#more)

Justise
May 13th, 2008, 19:35
Shit...

The Hombrew Hunter
May 13th, 2008, 19:49
Someone please kill this man.

Elven6
May 13th, 2008, 21:29
Depends on the success of Postal, not in the box office but more over on the reviewer's side.

They did have a GTA movie in the planning, their is a clip of it in GTA 2.

F9zDark
May 13th, 2008, 23:57
Wait what?

Guess I am not seeing any GTA movie that comes out...

Martin Scorsese would be the best bet in my mind...

jamotto
May 14th, 2008, 06:03
Boll is right he would be the best man for the job.

Ultima Chocochu
May 14th, 2008, 06:13
Sounds bad, he talks only of the violence of the movie...GTAIV is more than violence, he is the wrong man for the job honestly.

AlanSmithee
May 15th, 2008, 11:00
Uwe Boll is a terrible, terrible director and should stay away from movie making all together. Every single movie he made sucks and some in more ways than one.

I think it should be in the style of Once Upon a Time in America (bit more action & humour though) and take the time to tell the rise of an american ganster trough violence en corruption. a movie worth watching time over time.

i'm thinkin Robert Rodriguez