September 26th, 2005, 01:39
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/dcastaway.png

New release of Atari ST emulator for Dreamcast:

- Overscan bottom border render.
- Stored queues improvements.
- Medium resolution fixed.
- Some input fixes.
- Atari ST video 50/60 switch support.
- No CRC calculation when cache not present.
- Multidisk support.
- General improvements.

Downloads and more info: DCaSTaway homepage (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/dcastaway.html)

Christuserloeser
September 26th, 2005, 01:52
Wooooooot!

wraggster
September 26th, 2005, 02:39
wow awesome news :)

ill spread the news around :)

obelisk
September 26th, 2005, 04:59
Hell F*n Yeah yeah! You guys are rockin the dc community hard, just like i rocked my show last night at Cheryl and i's 2 yr wedding anniversary party, i used to try to be in a "band", as a singer, but i got hip to the fact that the lead guy was just using me, and i got fed up pwith his crap after 2 years. Anyhoo, looks like i'm gonna have to get the gas cash together to visit my -bro who's borrowing my dc ight now, so i can get it, and i also need new cdr's.

hey, so, please someone tell me, will this one take a 3-10 minutes to load a 100 file list on the cd like last time?

ron
September 26th, 2005, 08:51
This is a great work, even the 50&60 hz and the overscan control. Very Nice

trickytree
September 26th, 2005, 13:44
Hell F*n Yeah yeah! You guys are rockin the dc community hard, just like i rocked my show last night at Cheryl and i's 2 yr wedding anniversary party, i used to try to be in a "band", as a singer, but i got hip to the fact that the lead guy was just using me, and i got fed up pwith his crap after 2 years. Anyhoo, looks like i'm gonna have to get the gas cash together to visit my -bro who's borrowing my dc ight now, so i can get it, and i also need new cdr's.

hey, so, please someone tell me, will this one take a 3-10 minutes to load a 100 file list on the cd like last time?

Umm... nice story (I think) :confused:

It won't take 3-10 minutes if you use the mkcache.exe first to make a list.
This is explained here:
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/dcastaway.html

(I think you need to download the windows version to get the .exe, then include the created file with your disc images for the DC)

Anyway, looking forward to trying this out - thanks Chui!

chui
September 26th, 2005, 13:59
Now, if you don't use mkcache, dcastaway don't take a long time to show files (calculate CRC), but only shows filenames.

DARKGATE
September 26th, 2005, 15:33
I' GOING TO test this version :D, INCREDIBLE, i hope wich in this version there isn't the bug of games of ishar where the mouse puntator don't work
I tell in this evening. ^_^

SiZiOUS
September 26th, 2005, 20:03
Yeeeep !!! :)

DARKGATE
September 26th, 2005, 21:13
ISHAR SAGA work now, all the games wich have problems with comand of pad now work, see DELIVERANCE, GHOST N GOBLINS, R TYPE.
But, there is a but, :| i see wich a lot of games, for EXAMPLE ZOOL, when you put AUTOFRAMESKIP, the game have terrible lost of framerate, and i see with other games, in the version candidate 1 was not :|
If you put af frameskip 0 the game run perfect, but the sound lost a lot of sincron.
Excuse me Chui if i write this, but tell you is important ^_^ however great emu.

chui
September 26th, 2005, 22:12
SORRY ! ! !

DOWNLOAD AGAIN PLEASE, I PATCH A STUPID FRAMESKIP/VSYNC BUG !

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/dcastaway-rc2-fix.rar

ron
September 27th, 2005, 00:17
Thx

obelisk
September 27th, 2005, 01:16
so, does using the stcache program really help out a ton, and does it miss disks? How many images max per folder should i put if i use stcache?

chui
September 27th, 2005, 08:32
Using or not stcache if miss disks (CRC not found or not registered), filemanager shows filename.

Filemanager only can show 1024 filenames and gamenames total per directory. Also, filenames must be 63 chars max.

obelisk
September 28th, 2005, 21:59
thanks, chui! how are you and the team doing? may i ask if can we have any clues about what's coming up next?

chui
September 29th, 2005, 14:37
NEO4ALL beta-3 coming soon, after UAE4ALL beta-2 and while maybe another DCaSTaway small update.

But, now i want to prioritize for finishing SDL and Fenix port.

obelisk
September 29th, 2005, 17:45
thanks, you rock!

zyloj
September 30th, 2005, 16:55
Excellent work, Chui.

I tried several games and found some problems:
- Pang: some scenaries corruption in gaming.
- Toki: problems with control sometimes.

I hope this could be useful for next versions.

Christuserloeser
September 30th, 2005, 21:18
NEO4ALL beta-3 coming soon, after UAE4ALL beta-2 and while maybe another DCaSTaway small update.

But, now i want to prioritize for finishing SDL and Fenix port.

That sounds fantastic :)