PDA

View Full Version : Need tech support, psp 3.90m33-3 went all crazy :(

Assteroid
May 14th, 2008, 17:56
originally posted on another site (no help found there)

I took my psp out of sleep mode this morning to find my Shin Budokai character not moving, and powering up on his own.

So the controls went all screwy, I tried the home button but I cant move the cursor to "yes". I can't exit the VSH menu on the xmb seeing as it locks up whenever i try to exit and even my UMD games have messed up controls and can't exit to xmb.

So far I've tried formatting flash 1 (worked in the past for similar problems), formatting the memory stick (wasn't expecting much out of it) and the recovery which just shutdown my psp (never tried it before, i bet im missing the actual recovery file), nothing worked.

Interesting fact: Shin Budokai (cso) and LCS (umd) both have messed up controls, yet Maverick hunter X (cso) works fine. Also, at the text input screen, the cursor is constantly scrolling left.

FW 3.90 M33

Please help, this time it looks really hopeless!!

BTW as you can see I'm new here, so let me know if I'm asking in the wrong place, and point me in the right direction, thanks!

Assteroid
May 14th, 2008, 21:09
Anyone?

bryan2125
May 16th, 2008, 04:11
ur best bet is to pandora it.

Saracchini
May 16th, 2008, 06:00
I had this problem too...
The sintoms:
Freezing at Exit Screen called when you press Home
Scroll going to left/right in text entries
SNES9x going crazy

This occurs when you have L or R button stuck due dirty contacts. Itīs hardware fault, not firmware ... so it will persists even if you install another firmware with downgrade or Pandora.

To fix this problem you should open your PSP and clean the contacts and the black thing located bellow the rubber of L or R button.
I should advice you that is a not easy task..., to make a good clean i removed the left end of the rubber and cleaned teh contacts with a little piece of cotton and to put it in the right place again i spent several minutes.
It fixed the problem, but i ended puting my finger in the middle of LCD in the processs...

GibsonSGKing
May 17th, 2008, 00:27
lol, this happened to my friend, and it sucks. he thought the same thing, and i suggested cleanin the contacts. we ended up cleaning them all ( i helped ), those things can get pretty nasty...