PDA

View Full Version : FCE Ultra Build 13.05.2008 - Nes Emulator for PS2

wraggster
May 14th, 2008, 22:14
Ragnorak2040 (http://psx-scene.com/forums/420961-post153.html) has released a new version of Nes emulator for PS2:

Sorry, protomank and everyone, didn't realize I'd need a verified Paypal account just to receive donations, so I denied the donation, which should give you your money back, protomank. I couldn't find a way to actually get verified without a bank account. I tried adding a credit card, which didn't affect anything. They denied me for their credit card, which is weird since I've never had an outstanding debt. And so, I closed the account. I looked at other options but they required even more information than just a bank account like emailing copies of photo ID and utility bills. Fortunately, my brother does have a verified paypal account so I asked him (after waking him up) if I could use it for donations and he said it was alright. I removed the old donate button and put up the new one with a new button image at http://homebrew.thewaffleiron.net/ragnarok2040

Thanks for trying to donate before, though, protomank .

Thanks for the info., spkleader. I think the same problem that was affecting the hdd0:M/ type bug is still affecting the rest of the path where I add a random byte by accident. My pointer math is still fuzzy, it seems. It's probably affecting the savestate names as well. I'll rework the way I do it so I don't increment a byte after the memcpy for setting the null terminator of the string. I'm pretty sure where that extra "/" is coming from... "hdd0:/" "__boot" "/" "/boot" "C.elf". I guess when I fixed that bug with the device string, it caused my other pointers to get offset by one byte.

Edit:
Heh, I removed all the +1's when setting the null terminator and it didn't affect the creation of the strings, so my math had 1 byte of fuzziness per each part of the string :S. I'm not sure how it might relate to browsing for roms, though. Maybe something to do with the partition not being mounted or unmounted correctly, or the pfs# path is being returned wrong (pfs1 where it's mounted to pfs0, for instance). For rebooting an elf, the "pfs" path that's made needs to be valid, so it would crash if it wasn't... I'd also forgotten to increment past the '/' if there was only one, in your case pfs0:/boot.elf would become pfs0: / /boot# .elf# with random characters after /boot# and .elf# resulting in your pfs0://bootC.elf (hdd0:/__boot//bootC.elf). I changed the version number to B955 for build 95.5 which seemed like a good place to start.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments