PDA

View Full Version : Logical Question concerning Downgrader...

ArKo
September 26th, 2005, 20:49
A psp version higher than 1.51 won't play unsigned code as easilsy, right?
Because of that develop ideas for downgrading the version, so that it will start homebrew codes, ok -

BUT isn't a "Downgrader" also something like a Homebrew code?!
Does this mean we will do start homebrew, downgrading our system to play homebrew?! :confused:
sounds paradox for me...

If someone manages the downgrader to start - why shouldn't other code start by the same way?

Do you know what i mean?!

ArKo

Gnoccir
September 26th, 2005, 23:01
Thats an awesome point. I don't know too much about coding and stuff so I can't answer that, but I'd love to hear from someone who knows more than us. :D

PSP_Newbie
September 26th, 2005, 23:11
im pretty sure a downgrader would be pretty hard to do, and if they fully exploit what was recently disocovred on psp 2.0 with the photo exploit thing, it wont matter anyways,
but anyways, i think the concept is that: 1.51+ cant run homebrew games, but they can run manual updates to upgrade to a higher version. if you edit the update, it gets courrupted. if someone manages to edit it somehow to "update" to 1.5 as opposed to a higher version w/out corrupting it, then we have a downgrader. so while it would(or could anyways) be homebrew, its still technically only an edited Sony update which was already signed.
anyways, thats just my thoughts on it, i hope the 2.0 exploit works out =P

P.S-i dont know much about coding, so this is just my assumption on what the downgrader would be if someone made one

Heran_Bago
September 27th, 2005, 02:55
What about running a 1.51 to 2.0 update? That would count as running code on 1.51. So, if you modified a 1.51 updater to change to another version of firmware, you'd have the basics down.

Cap'n 1time
September 27th, 2005, 19:48
What about running a 1.51 to 2.0 update? That would count as running code on 1.51. So, if you modified a 1.51 updater to change to another version of firmware, you'd have the basics down.

well that was the original idea. Apparently there is alot more too it though. probably a checksum that they cant modify somewhere in there.