PDA

View Full Version : My 3 options, what to do

dracox23
September 26th, 2005, 22:37
Ok i want to get madden, nba live, and burnout. But i dont want to lose my nes emulator. What's best route to go without damaging my PSP. So far heres my options from what i read and heard-

1) WAB version changer- but messes with flash memory and could brick your cpu later on especially if you ever want to update

2) UMD Emulator- friend told me playing psp games off memory stick will overclock and burn out your psp and brick it

3) Swap Trick- Told this wont hurt your psp, just put an old game in, while it's loading stick in new game, i don't know how to do it yet though or if it's best route.

I want to play my nes emulator, and i dont have money to get another psp if this one breaks, 3 new games i want though, so i'm trying to be cautious and figure out best way to play them without having to update and lose all my homebrew stuff.

shizzle
September 26th, 2005, 22:44
You know, of all of those, the swap trick is the most dangerous. Whilst trying to update the psp you co[uld swap and brick the psp, or , probably, will just damage your umd reader/drive.

1) for the purpose of this forum 1 is the best. All you have to do if you want to update is run the verison changer and restamp the current version of psp on your flash drive, There have been no damaged psps yet to my knowledge.

2) The loaders don't run your psp at 333mhz, which isn't over clocking anyway and no psps have been damaged by running like this, only bateries drained. But fot the puropses of this forum loaders are illeagal and can't be discussed, but could be handy if you don't have the game to begin with :P But don't talk/ ask about them here.

slik da relic
September 26th, 2005, 23:49
why r u worrying bout the upgrade situation for? odds are its not gonna change 2morrow. i say, change ur firmware to 2.0, and just be careful when u insert a game. make sure u avoid the firmware update option. also, keep up with what games that give a "forced" update. its not hard if ur careful, and u dont let anyone else that doesnt know operate it. i got Burnout, and ive been playin it for a week now, along with homebrew.

da relic

dracox23
September 27th, 2005, 01:25
see the one option is only illegal if u dont own the game. if i own madden and play madden off memory stick to avoid update, it's not illegal cause i own the game. I guess i'll consider the version changer for now. but since i dont own any new games yet, i still got time to watch scene.