PDA

View Full Version : DCaSTaway small update.

chui
September 26th, 2005, 23:03
Stupid autoframeskip/vsync bug.

Please download again, here (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/releases/dcastaway-rc2-fix.rar) or DCaSTaway homepage (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/dcastaway.html)

Sorry !

DARKGATE
September 27th, 2005, 12:58
TODAY, TEST =D.

Someone can help me, i don't find ISHAR III for atari st, i have found a only version, but the image no is good.
Thank you.

P.S. can tell wich the atari st have more games of AMIGA, and really, many game of atari st are same, at part the sound.
Amiga great games are created by TEAM 17, LIGHSHOCK SOFTWARE, PSYGNOSIS, NA.P.S., CORE (but with small difference from atari st version)
CAN tell wich the power of AMIGA was used lot, The ATARI ST, is really great use, this is my opinion, i'm an old AMIGHISTA :).

Coagulus
September 29th, 2005, 08:29
In the early stages of the the Amiga - lots of games were ported from the Atari ST eg. Robocop, Super Wonderboy, Backlash and many others.

This was just as annoying to Amiga users as when Amstrad CPC users were given an obvious Spectrum port - it just doesn't use the full power of the machine.

Later, popular Amiga games were converted (rewritten) to the ST and some did a fine job considering the lesser hardware of the ST - Turrican II is a good example. Although the scrolling on an ST was a lot jerkier and it had half the colours (usually!).

The Amiga 500 has hardware scrolling and sprites, 32 colours onscreen (amongst other modes such as 4096 colour HAM mode0 along with copper effects such as gradient skies, reflections, warps etc - the ST had to recreated these in software usually and only has 512 colours with 16 displayable in lo-res along with chip sounds as opposed to the sampled sound of the Amiga.

chui
September 29th, 2005, 13:50
AtariST is a poor 16bit machine, but i love this machine because i had a 520STFM when i was 15 years old.

But DCaSTaway runs very fine instead UAE4ALL needs frameskipping. A lot of games, i prefer run ST version like 'Parasol Stars' or 'Pang'.