PDA

View Full Version : US: 360 beats Wii/PS3 to 10 million

Shrygue
May 15th, 2008, 19:54
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189003)

Despite frequent news of Wii's global sales domination, the Xbox 360 has managed to hit the 10 million sales mark in the US ahead of its competition, according to Microsoft.

Reaching the milestone before both the Wii and PS3 in the States should secure the long-term current-gen victory for the 360, MS senior vice president, Don Mattrick, told Reuters.

"History has shown us that the first company to reach ten million in console sales wins the generation battle," stated Mattrick in a statement yesterday. Interesting fact there trivia fans.

NPD figures currently puts Wii on 8.8 million sales (and closing) in the US, while PS3 is sits on 4.1 million.

Wii of course leads in the overall global race, something MS didn't take into account when doing its sums. "Xbox 360 has the largest global install base of any current gen. high definition gaming console, Wii excluded," the company clarified to ShackNews when asked how Xbox 360 could lead worldwide with 19 million when the Wii has sold 24.45 million.

We doubt the battle's over yet, although the 360 has a strong Christmas line-up ahead of it, and the Wii has.

PeyeRate420
May 15th, 2008, 20:54
im sure im not going to be the first to think to myself...

yeah but...the 360 has been out longer and sales per month indicate the wii to be the best selling console on a monthly basis and many consumer reporters predict the ps3 to be on top in the long run!!!!

with all this BS i just know 3 things(rant) :cool:
My wii is alot of fun it has inovative controls and i love playing wth a group of friends on a friday night! its a gr8 affordable system with a lot to offer for a very decent price tag
My 360 is also a gr8 machine i find the library and online gameplay experiance of the xbox360 to be unmatched with these next gen consoles 360 is way ahead of the game! unlike the laggy ps3 :( however the drawback to a 360 being its Known to have natorious hardware issues (lucky 4 M$ they put up the big bucks to cover bad hardware 90% of the time you get a new console!)
speaking of ps3...i personally find this console worthless i couldnt care less about a bluray dvd player and a high def tv ect ect...though there is clearly a market who does enjoy those things...I do not think it is as vast a market as some think...good online gameplay and/or innovative gamming experiances sell the other 2 systems but ps3... its an over priced peace of hardware force feeding technology rather than looking out for the ENDUSERS and giving options (xbox 360 arcade pack or elite? what do you prefer today sir) hint hint...Its really just not "good enough" in my eyes they were more worried about pushing there propriotory blu ray format than they were making a gaming console. Because the fact remains HARDWARE DOES NOT MAKE A CONSOLE GOOD IN ALL CASES! (dreamcast was way ahead of its time and comparable to the wii in some ways)

IT IS GAMEPLAY THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO SAY

"hey man you gotta see this shit i did in GTA4 today"
or

"i beat john over there with peach in smash bros today! what a gayard! loosing to peach?! cmon john " lol...

goity
May 15th, 2008, 22:40
It's a pity that it isn't selling too well in any other region.
And the fact that you can tell some executive must have been number crunching for hours to find any subjective statistic the 360 is winning on.

Nikolaos
May 16th, 2008, 05:35
360 has been out longer, end of story.

wind_mill
May 16th, 2008, 10:27
Good for the 360, even though its just in the US.

PeyeRate420
May 17th, 2008, 00:58
So the truth comes out on the front page today! nintendo LOVERS at the ever so bias JOYSTICK were'nt hearing that shit from m$ huh? LOL

hippiestevie
May 17th, 2008, 09:01
go xbox.