PDA

View Full Version : unique problem on psp i need help

albatros79
May 15th, 2008, 21:59
hi everyone

sorry but i couldnt find the solution of the problem which i have encountered .

i dont know how but my phat psp is not working if i dont plug magic memory stick and pandora. when i plug them both it works as if nothing happened.
otherwise when i try to open it green light on for a while then off.even when it is open if i push the power button for ones it is turning off .i tried to reload firmware.it is going smoothly without any problem but nothing is changing. is there anyone who can help me?

also i bricked my slim psp before installing custom firmware.frankly while i was trying to load.when i use pandora memory stick and battery the start screan appears but cannot format flash1 and freezing. i read plenty tutorials about it but when i prepared another magic memory stick other than made with psp grader ; nothing appears on the screen .

i really need help.thanks b4hand

B2K24
June 5th, 2008, 10:34
hi everyone

sorry but i couldnt find the solution of the problem which i have encountered .

i dont know how but my phat psp is not working if i dont plug magic memory stick and pandora. when i plug them both it works as if nothing happened.
otherwise when i try to open it green light on for a while then off.even when it is open if i push the power button for ones it is turning off .i tried to reload firmware.it is going smoothly without any problem but nothing is changing. is there anyone who can help me?

also i bricked my slim psp before installing custom firmware.frankly while i was trying to load.when i use pandora memory stick and battery the start screan appears but cannot format flash1 and freezing. i read plenty tutorials about it but when i prepared another magic memory stick other than made with psp grader ; nothing appears on the screen .

i really need help.thanks b4hand

google for this program nandTool_0.3_beta1
it will fix your slim problem.

quote from readme

The most likely common use of this app will be to repair lflash partitions
(aka: pandora/des.cem freezes up at formatting flash1)
Here is the step by step for this particular use:
-------------------------------------------------
1 - backup your NAND using the dump options
2 - use other/lflash format
optional - use other/format partitions (you will need to place act.dat in flash2 and 1seg eboot on flash3 yourself)
3 - reboot with pandora or des.cem V3 to install firmware.
4 - done.

Installation
-------------
There are other methods than these, but people keep asking and refuse to look elsewhere for answers, here is a couple options which
should be available to most people:

With Des.Cem V3, the simplest method to run nand tool:
-install jas0nuk's elf menu following it's instructions (0.2a can be found here: http://forums.**********.net/showthread.php?t=83119 )
-put the elf in the elf folder, run from the elf menu

With original pandora, the simplest method to run nand tool:
-on your memory stick, rename :/kd/backup.elf to something like :/kd/backup_orig.elf
-Take nandtool.elf and rename it backup.elf
-place in kd folder
-when in pandora, select the backup nand option, and nandtool will run instead

Eboot
- I don't recommend using the eboot from an active firmware. Protections are in place that seem to prevent some
blocks in NAND from being written.