PDA

View Full Version : Premade PSPSDK + toolchain linux VM

wraggster
May 16th, 2008, 00:31
News/release from Jsharrad:

Ever get tired of cygwin not working? Don't want to spend 8 hours compiling the toolchain? Want to be able to compile and install your own libs whenever you need them? Then this kit is for you!

I have taken a lightweight linux distrobution (slitaz, released about a month ago), stripped most of the non-development related stuff out, installed the gnu toolchain, PSP toolchain, and the PSPSDK, and packed it all into one 100mb virtual machine archive.

Edit: I'd like to give mad props to the Slitaz linux folks for this. I was a little vague above, but these guys put in a couple years hard work in this distro and I believe it's the smallest one out there right now. Without their distro to butcher, this would have been alot harder on me, so thanks guys!

You want it? Huh huh? You can pick it up HERE (100mb download) and save it somewhere with over 2gb of space available, but, there's some things you'll need to get first before you can get coding.

Download Here (http://www.iamjunkie.net/jsharrad/pspsdk.7z) and give feedback Via comments

via jsharrad (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-devkit-premade-pspsdk-toolchain-linux-vm-140053.html)

osgeld
May 16th, 2008, 22:24
cool, but what "things" do we need in addition

oh and thanks for using some screwed up hardly anyone uses zip file, winrar wont open it and i really dont feel like downloading another utility for this one file

heres a hint on what is most common on the internet

zip
tar

your only saving <10% and making me download another 5mb program that ill never use ever again

osgeld
May 17th, 2008, 01:23
ok got it downloaded

finally got it extracted

and theres one, screwball undocumented file and no instructions

wtf good is this?

instead of spending 8 hours compiling im gonna spend the next 10 guessing what im suppos to do

complete waste of time

Buddy4point0
May 17th, 2008, 04:51
I just installed it and it works great! There are detailed instructions if you follow the link. And i unzipped it using winrar, idk what your problem is.

Sp3ct0r
May 17th, 2008, 06:17
Wow, this is a really good idea! Nice job! :D