PDA

View Full Version : More DS Castlevania: 'Order of Ecclesia,' first screens

wraggster
May 16th, 2008, 01:17
We're pretty sure that Castlevania series director Koji "IGA" Igarashi is out to claim an award for "most sequels in a series on Nintendo DS." His latest, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, was revealed by the long-bearded, whip-wielding IGA at last night's Konami presser (and before that, the ESRB), and is set to stir up renewed Castle-mania this fall.

Order of Ecclesia stars a new female heroine who is a member of the ... wait for it ... Order of Ecclesia, a group out to destroy -- who else -- that vile Count Dracula fellow. The game introduces a new Glyph system that Konami promises will offer "more than 100 different combinations" of weapon and spell attacks. These attack mash-ups enable players to unleash two blows simultaneously. Buying and selling items and weapons via the Nintendo WFC is also pegged for this latest, characteristically beautiful addition to the classic 2D franchise.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/15/see-order-of-ecclesia-next-ds-castlevania/

kcajblue
May 16th, 2008, 03:57
awesome.
i love the castlevanias for the ds.
and the main character for this one is female which makes it more awesome.

juiceface
May 16th, 2008, 04:07
looks like it is following in the footsteps of dawn of sorrow, very nice :)

Jeric
May 17th, 2008, 00:22
Wait wait WAIT IGA promoting a female lead? The sexist typecasting Iga I know and loathe despite loving the cv franchise for its gameplay?

PyroYuy
May 17th, 2008, 07:57
Hmmm... you know, how many people have try'd to kill the Count... and failed... maybe not as many as say Castro, but still he's a close second.

XDelusion
May 17th, 2008, 20:28
Speaking of Castro, I wonder if anyone has tried to slip the count acid? :)

Anyhow, silly talk aside, this I am looking forward too!

I just wonder why the PSP got Symphony and we never did, you'd think it would be able to be ported to the DS hardware, same goes for Rhondo of Blood and the old X68000 Castlevania.

Hopalongtom
May 19th, 2008, 19:36
Speaking of Castro, I wonder if anyone has tried to slip the count acid? :)

Anyhow, silly talk aside, this I am looking forward too!

I just wonder why the PSP got Symphony and we never did, you'd think it would be able to be ported to the DS hardware, same goes for Rhondo of Blood and the old X68000 Castlevania.

Looks like we're going to have to rely on someone getting a Sega Saturn Emulator working on the DS for Symphony!

And wasn't Rhondo of Blood on SNES or Genesis? Cause we have both of those consoles working on the DS now! ;P

masterchief929
May 19th, 2008, 20:27
i never really liked castlevania on the ds. idk why, i guess it's just not my type of game.

geise69
May 20th, 2008, 13:11
I am glad to see a new DS Castlevania, but honestly! How is this game (gameplay wise) going to be any different then the other's from GBA or DS in the past? Ever since SotN it's been the same thing gameplay wise. While SotN was fresh and new, it was taking Castlevania in a way I didn't really care for it. I wish they would make a new one for the Next Gen consoles. It would be great to see a 3D Castlevania on PS3 or the Wii. I'd definitely like to see one on the Wii. I thought the 3D ps2 versions did quite well going from 2D to 3D. Bring Belmont back! Bring the whip back! And why the hell was Belmont not in SSBB? He was even on Captain N'