PDA

View Full Version : GnM Games n Music card(s)

zorcy
May 16th, 2008, 16:23
bought one of the early GnM cards over a year ago. i liked it so much, i bought another last month. yes, it is on sale at walmart, but i would have paid full price. with the DLDI patch, it works on just about everything i have tried. i wanted to get a larger card, so i ordered a $9.99 2 g microSD from tigerdirect. yes, i know, its cheap, may not last, but come on, $9!!!! right out of the package it worked in the newer GnM. it showed a file with a name like "@@.a~". but it was there and i didnt care. i went to format it to get rid of it and put it in the other GnM. it did not detect the microSD! i played for 2 hours or more trying any format i could, even went to cmd line to try. i put it back in the other GnM when the battery died in that DS. wouldnt you know, it works. checked out the GnM closer, the old one has version 1.22 and the new one has 1.30. looked for 2 days for firmware updates with no luck. i sent in an email for help from datel and have not heard back yet.

it works fine on the new one, if you are having troubles on your new sd cards, check that, if you have a patch up to 1.30, can you let me know? i will end up returning to walmart soon if i dont find an answer, but i would rather just fix it.

shtonton
May 16th, 2008, 23:15
Im sure not what you meant up ther but I had a simalar problem. I reformatted my card to i believe FAT13 or something like that and it started working great.

zorcy
May 20th, 2008, 15:06
if you remove the SD card from GnM and boot, the top screen will have the firmware version, i have found 2 versions so far, the same card works in the newer without formatting again,

zorcy
May 22nd, 2008, 13:05
still nothing from Datel, so i returned it to Walmart. I got the last one on the shelf. it was marked down to $13!!!! Tell me its not worth it..... Even if you are not a fan of GnM, you cant say no to $13 for a card.