PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: SEGA cult classic Shenmue heading to Wii

JKKDARK
May 16th, 2008, 18:59
via Nintendic (http://www.nintendic.com/news/2403)

A vast majority of SEGA’s support for the Nintendo Wii has been in the form of re-releases or re-makes of its classic franchises, with the likes of House of the Dead and NiGHTS already available, and Samba de Amigo to come. Now, rumour has it, next in the pipeline will be ports of the SEGA Dreamcast cult classics, Shenmue and Shenmue II.

The rumour column in Swedish magazine Game Reactor claims that SEGA is planning to bring the Shenmue franchise to the Nintendo Wii, complete with motion controls and a few added extras:

Shenmue is back! Sega has re-released classics like Nights, Bass Fishing and House of the Dead lately. Now it’s said that Shenmue is next. But don’t think that it’s about a new game, instead, they’re bringing back the two original Shenmue games with extra Wiimote-minigames which will be released for the Wii.

On its original release back in 1999, many critics hailed Shenmue as a masterpiece, both in graphical flair and in terms of the player’s (at the time) unparalleled interactivity and freedom.

Graxer0419
May 16th, 2008, 23:10
:)If this happens I will forgive Sega for their recent screw up of the Sonic series... as long as they sort that out too!

JKKDARK
May 16th, 2008, 23:32
I thought it would happen on Xbox 360, but I am happy anyway :)

Shadowblind
May 16th, 2008, 23:57
I hope so. But didn't they say Shenmue 3 would NOT come out?

JKKDARK
May 17th, 2008, 00:01
Yes, and they didn't deny about any remake