PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 3 16/05/08 Release

wraggster
May 17th, 2008, 12:39
The unknown Japanese coders working on Snes9xTYL the Snes emulator for the PSP have posted a new release for us to try and although i cant translate properly theres looks to be improvements to BGM and Sram, but anyway heres a new toy.

Anyone who can decipher the readme then please do.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SmashinGit
May 17th, 2008, 13:29
Works great, I am getting great speed on Mario Kart with frameskip only on 1.

gelon
May 17th, 2008, 14:21
Here is the changelog translated by google

Source code s9xTYLmecmsrc.zip. Bugs are not responsible for持てませんhappening.
Me version is unstable, we might use EBOOT.PBP.user please.

Known Problems:
ME USER common
State Road when it was a strange sound. Unexplained
Only ME
You can not sleep and clock. > Me fw3.xx is unknown for how to resolve
Sound skip occurs when playing. > 2008/05/09直っversion will imperceptibly. Version 13-2 confirmation of the problem
-- Unexplained sometimes fail to boot. 2008/05/13-1 edition to find out. 13-2 might do to its直っ
-- A strange sound can be> 2008/05/13-2 corrected version. Probably
-- Reset to function. > Only occur 2008/05/09
-- A pop-up menu and the sound stops. > 2008/05/09, 10,12,13 probably corrected version直った

CHANGES:
2007/10/21 menu button to go home now.
Lom versioninfo to the CRC to appear.
2007/10/22 PSP accelerated to a black screen. Fix
DSP1 CHOKOTTO faster?
2008/04/23 user version CHOKOTTO might speed up
Me released the first version. fm3.xxMe version of the user version of this 150% speed up 115%. Let's move level. 1287 1501
Sleep as compensation and the clock can not change.
2008/04/24 Me sound a little strange version of an amended plan. 1347 1534 speed up 2%
2008/04/25 Me version of the bug may have to roll back some 1293 1524 887
2008/05/01 HAIREZOKUORITIAPPU, "PSP accelerated", "PSP accel. + Accur. Soft.", "PSP accel. + Approx. Soft." When. It is leprosy, depending on the tree
2008/05/03 speed up 2 percent. SA-1 might be a little faster 1438 1542 923
2008/05/09 Me version of a pop-up menu and sound-stopping bug may dissolve (1 interim rate of decline of up to 5%) Note: Me do not stop 1223 1492 867
2008/05/09 Me version APUExecuting ingenuity. 2008/05/03 Version speed of about 1465 1535 907
2008/05/10 Me version of a pop-up menu and continue to be sound-stopping bug resolve interim 2 Note: Do not clear the cache when the menu
2008/05/12 Me version of a pop-up menu and continue to be sound-stopping bug resolve interim memo 3: stSoundStatus Me and the ANKYASSHU KYASSHURAITOBAKKU at the end of the thread. StSoundStatus.mute_sound caused by the write-back and they did not?
2008/05/13 Me version of a pop-up menu and sound continue to be bug-stopping final version eliminated notes: fm3.xx DEKYASSHU of Me, is not complete write back to him.
BGM 2008/05/13-2 Me version of it is wrong to have been fixed. But probably it is clear直った. Note: Main DEKYASSHU side might not even complete.
2008/05/15 Me version of mad BGM to be fixed. They were not to retry直っNote: The rate of decline had to leave the cause was. So speed down
test version 3 percent rate hike, some defects or main processing KAETARA
test2 version of the state may be about as user version bug
2008/05/15 Me version of SRAM to change the process so far could not save what it can become.

sappo
May 17th, 2008, 14:26
2008/05/15 Fixed error on ME version of broken BGM. Changed process of SRAM saving on ME version, until now it wasn't able to save. Now it might be.

Or something like this.

hounddog
May 17th, 2008, 15:29
i knew the emulator was getting slower at some point and what is the BGM and gelon how did you translate the readme

mike_jmg
May 17th, 2008, 17:00
sounds nice, might give it a try later
hope this fix megaman x2, bosses were kind of slow and I could beat them harmless, I mean where is the fun in that?

edit: this is for 3.XX kernel right?

Veskgar
May 17th, 2008, 17:31
It has been one of my biggest hopes that someone would continue with SNES emulation on PSP. Seeing so many updates by this team is really exciting. I'll have to try and start playing around with it. I just hope it will work on my Slim PSP (3.XX kernel)

hack.fool
May 17th, 2008, 18:21
I just hope it will work on my Slim PSP (3.XX kernel)

sure man is made for it! :thumbup:

and yeah..is great to see update on SnesTYL emu :D

drock82
May 17th, 2008, 20:06
starfox was working great since the last release hopefullly it will work good in this build to,im gonna try it

kharaboudjan
May 17th, 2008, 20:11
have to try it out. the SNES must be faster on the psp ;)

dementedbrave
May 17th, 2008, 21:08
"When. It is leprosy, depending on the tree "

I love google translations

kharaboudjan
May 17th, 2008, 21:39
i tried it out. and i cant understand why ppl even bother to release things like this when it is no use at all for ppl. use rukas v.32 thats still the best snes we have for the psp :(

papayo
May 17th, 2008, 22:33
i tried it out. and i cant understand why ppl even bother to release things like this when it is no use at all for ppl. use rukas v.32 thats still the best snes we have for the psp :(
Actually, I think this is based on Ruka's v32 build. Anyway, I love how they fixed the sound a bit. It's a good release ;)

malgora
May 18th, 2008, 01:18
still a few slow downs, but nothing that will make me runaway from playing snes games on psp lol great job hope they keep it up, and get it running 100% that would be MAAADDDD!

Dembonz
May 18th, 2008, 01:27
So much unfinished business...

It was great to see the flood of good emus at the beginning, but they stopped as fast as they started :p

I'm happy to see this. It's really nice to see that someone out there is putting time into some of these seemingly abandoned, unfinished projects.:rolleyes:

juiceface
May 18th, 2008, 01:39
just tried it out on my PHAT, mario kart runs 100% better, a little choppy but full speed.

Keep up the good work author (if someone can translate that into japanesse ;) )

drock82
May 18th, 2008, 21:23
starfox works great,just choose these settings

speed limit off
accurate soft
mhz 333
frameskip 2:thumbup:

yourpuertoricanpapi
May 19th, 2008, 00:39
hey man can you help me run homebrew i got the new psp slim with 3.90 please help me out on this one if you can its killing me i want to play homebrew again i have it on my other psp but its the phat one and that one is all hooked up with homebrew this one isnt please help your boy out thanks man:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::t humbup::thumbup::mad:

yourpuertoricanpapi
May 19th, 2008, 00:40
hey man can you help me run homebrew i got the new psp slim with 3.90 please help me out on this one if you can its killing me i want to play homebrew again i have it on my other psp but its the phat one and that one is all hooked up with homebrew this one isnt please help your boy out thanks man

yourpuertoricanpapi
May 19th, 2008, 00:43
sorry to be a pain everybody but i been looking everyware how to run homebrew on psp 3.90 when i try and run the update to 390m33 it says the game cant load someone help me with this one i been looking on google and ever ware eles i have another psp that has homebrew its the phat one this one is the slim i want to be able to show my son how to play the games on his tv thanks to everybody

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 01:15
sorry to be a pain everybody but i been looking everyware how to run homebrew on psp 3.90 when i try and run the update to 390m33 it says the game cant load someone help me with this one i been looking on google and ever ware eles i have another psp that has homebrew its the phat one this one is the slim i want to be able to show my son how to play the games on his tv thanks to everybody

Okay man, since nobody will help, i'll help
Check it, get your phat psp and goto youtube. Look for a tutorial on how to make a pandoras battery with your cfw'd phat psp, after you made the batter with all the proper instructions, use it on the slim and you'll have cfw on your slim... i hope this helps. If you want more help check the videos made by me on youtube. Just search my name on there "djbrotherson" you also may want to sign up for a youtube account. It's the best place to learn plus forums go a long way... when you have ppl like me ;) bahaha jk jk (oh yea and check "vincentwilliamphilips" on my youtube friends list, he's the man) :thumbup:

Dembonz
May 19th, 2008, 16:16
I started trying out some games with this last night and I'm really impressed :D The speed improvements are fantastic. A lot of games will run full speed with Vsync and 44100 audio, no frame skip (and at 333mhz of course). There are some hiccups, and games with lotsa effects/mode7 don't run at full speed, but still it's a great acheivement.
Most notable was a nearly perfect running Final Fantasy 4, mode7 effects and all.
Happy:DHappy

And yes yourpuertoricanpapi, you need to make a Pandora battery and a special memory stick on a PSP Phat that has Custom Firmware on it, then run that Pandora battery and the memory stick on your PSP Slim, like djbrotherson said. I don't have a link to a good guide anymore, but there are video guides on youtube that will help. Or try a Google search for "Pandora battery guide" or soemithing like that. The process is simple but can be long and confusing if you don't know what you're doing. Follow the instructions very carefully. Good luck.

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 17:13
You know I didn't much care for this release, it didn't seem any better than the last. I tried Starfox like that last man said and they run similar except you need to fool around with the frameskip to get it working on the older build. I have a slim, I prefer the older version previously released. With the newer release sometimes games didn't load and my psp froze a few times. Could be due to certain plugins I have but if thats the case I'm going to stick with what I have... just my 2 cents

hounddog
May 19th, 2008, 17:33
hey can somebody tell me what VSync does???

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 18:01
vsync stand for verticle synchronization

You know how sometimes when you see a picture side scroll and you see picture kind of split in half vertically? Like the top half and the bottom half aren't solid together as the picture scrolls to the side? Well it makes the picture stay together at the cost of some Fps (frames per second)

Dembonz
May 19th, 2008, 20:50
djbrotherson,
The last version of this emulator I had was ChillyWilly's Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for Slim. It crashed constantly and wouldn't run anything full speed (frameskip 0) unless I turned the sound/vsync off. I stopped using it because it was nearly uplayable.
This version is much better than that one.
Which version of Snes9xTYL are you referring to? Did I miss a better release?

jurkevicz
May 19th, 2008, 21:38
Dude, the emu is fine with sound, just turn vsync off and you'll be fine.

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 23:27
djbrotherson,
The last version of this emulator I had was ChillyWilly's Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for Slim. It crashed constantly and wouldn't run anything full speed (frameskip 0) unless I turned the sound/vsync off. I stopped using it because it was nearly uplayable.
This version is much better than that one.
Which version of Snes9xTYL are you referring to? Did I miss a better release?

uo snes9x test 0

djbrotherson
May 19th, 2008, 23:32
its not snes9xtyl but its a snes9x emulator which is nearly the same, the only problem it has is that sometimes when you press home to get to the menu, sometimes you come back and it doesn't bring back the game (1 outta 5 times) and then u have to reset the snes rom and you can't go into sleep mode and sometimes the sound crackles but it works damn good, imo better than this release cuz I played this version and i tried two roms, they both froze my psp whereas the version i currently have has NEVER frozen my psp

Dembonz
May 20th, 2008, 03:51
I never tried that one, thanks for the response.

AtariFreek
May 20th, 2008, 05:22
This is the best emu out there for SNES right now is it not? (Been away a while.)

hack.fool
May 20th, 2008, 06:28
You mean for slim right?..Yes it is but remember it's still a test version

-claus-
May 20th, 2008, 18:54
You mean for slim right?..Yes it is but remember it's still a test version

Ok but what would be the best version for the original fat psp

I normalt go for version 1.5, when there is a choice between 1.5 and 3.xx. Is this a bad choice. I use the 3.9m33 fw

paladinja
May 20th, 2008, 19:12
Would anyone care to comment if they think this is the way best SNES emu for PSPhat right now? Also, am I understanding that this still can't be put to sleep? I wonder what it is about the snes that makes it such an insomniac.

djbrotherson
May 20th, 2008, 19:19
the uo snes9x test 0 works awesome on my phat, no problems there

mikey64
May 20th, 2008, 22:53
thank I hope It Works

Isopropyl
May 21st, 2008, 01:55
This version runs Star Ocean full speed except in the menus, but who cares about that. I'm really impressed with the progress. Wing Commander is playable except that the ships up close are invisible. I say they are making a lot of good progress and I can't wait to see the next release.

I'm on a slim, but I'm curious, how does uo snes9X test 0 fair with Star Fox?

Veskgar
May 21st, 2008, 07:39
I'm using this on my Slim PSP and I have to say I think its the best SNES emulator for the Slim. The sound has been fixed. No more static or popping it seems. There is a general speedup for a lot of games. Even at just 300 MHz a lot of games run perfect 60fps without any frameskip.

You still can't enter sleep mode though. But not the end of the world. Would be nice if that is ever fixed though.

This has me really excited and I can't wait to continue testing games and look forward to trying new releases. The quest for near perfect SNES emulation on the PSP should never be abandoned.

jurkevicz
May 22nd, 2008, 00:39
I agree. It's one of the best emus out there.

djbrotherson
May 22nd, 2008, 17:55
I take it all back, I think I downloaded another version, I tried it again after seeing Veskgar's post. This emu actually beats all the others I've tried so far. great work. Games run smoothly @ just 300Mhz (with vsync) and the ones that require a lot more juice just need 1 or 2 frameskips to get full speed or up to 333Mhz and turn speed limit off and psp accelerated with accurate software seems to be the best