PDA

View Full Version : ps3 error 80130128

wargamedt
May 18th, 2008, 16:56
Hi my ps3 was working fine on wireless aside from the fact that I had nat type 3 but I was able to play online and chat w/o problem most of the time. One day I came home and the ps3 didn't want to connect to the internet. It didn't even recognize my router. The green light under my ps3 wasn't on as usual. I have several ports opened up for the ps3 with my ps3's ip address and I tried resetting my router and turning off the security on my router. My ps3's mac address is also in my mac filter. LIke I said everything was fine then 1 day i get home and it says error 80130128. This has happened several times with my ps3 where 1 day it doesn't work on the internet then like a month later, it starts working on the internet again. I don't know if this is because my ps3 has a problem with the wi-fi card or something like that. Please help me fix this never ending problem.

nubby15
July 9th, 2008, 18:33
yea the same exact thing happened to me im so pissed and i dont know wat to do. i wanna like format my hard drive but i dont kno if that would work and i got a bunch of demos on it

nubby15
July 9th, 2008, 18:43
i just found this but im pretty sure it will work with any firmware update

Iīve fixed it in my PS3 without changing the router. Here are the steps:

1) Format the PS3 HD (donīt forget to back up your saved games)

2) Reset to factory settings

3) Download the 2.35 upgrade and save it in a memory key.

4) Reload the firmware upgrade in PS3.

Iīm not sure why these steps solved my problem, but itīs working fine now.

Tks