PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex Not Working On PS3 (currently)

wraggster
May 18th, 2008, 21:07
The PSP Hacker DarK Alex is not working on the PS3 despite rumours saying he is, his right hand man Mathieulh posted this:

Dark_AleX is not (currently) working on hacking the ps3 in any ways. This is ONLY a www.dark-alex.org design related change which has nothing related to Alex's work. Alex is still focussing on the psp as we speak. Please give him a break, if he ever wishes to start working on the ps3 or release anything ps3 related, you'll eventually be told.

Thanks for your understanding.

Notice the word currently :)

Napalm-Death
May 18th, 2008, 21:32
Wow, I hope he begins working on the PS3 soon. :D

Mc_Logical
May 18th, 2008, 22:17
Thats alot of work though for him, if he did start on the ps3 and still doing psp, im still surprised he carrys on with psp all this time, loyal hacker! so take ya time man on the ps3, things come to those who wait (patiently) but over at ps3news.com the devs have managed to install dev firmware ona retail ps3 but u need 1.8

drock82
May 19th, 2008, 01:21
i think he might be scared of the reprucussions and the consequences that comes with it since sony is really banking hard on there machine.and as we speak there are currently no way to run backups on the ps3 except dev ps3:cool:

Shadowblind
May 19th, 2008, 01:27
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=9065

Zin0099
May 19th, 2008, 15:55
man if he takes on both psp and ps3 his team will have to become bigger or just wait longger for the firmware

splodger15
May 19th, 2008, 21:37
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=9065

You know I don't believe that its just a ideal threat I doubt it will be persued through

Shadowblind
May 19th, 2008, 22:04
You know I don't believe that its just an idle threat I doubt it will be pursued through

I certainly hope so. Good Lord, emulators for the PS3. We'd have even a PS2 and (possibly) Xbox 1 emulator on it.

Napalm-Death
May 19th, 2008, 23:31
I certainly hope so. Good Lord, emulators for the PS3. We'd have even a PS2 and (possibly) Xbox 1 emulator on it.

It would be great if the PS3 got cracked open...old school emulation, copying PS2 games to the HDD...

Triv1um
May 20th, 2008, 01:36
Who says Dark Alex would be any better to do the job that anyother coder?

The PS3 ain't a PSP guys.