PDA

View Full Version : Wii Channels Galore Released

wraggster
May 18th, 2008, 22:21
It seems paradox and co have been busy releasing channels for the Nintendo Wii of ScummVM (http://gchack.free.fr//Wii/emus/Scummvm-wii/Cha%c3%aene%20ScummVM.rar), FCE Ultra (Nes emu for Wii), Genesis Plus (Genesis emu for Wii), Wad Installer and Wad Uninstaller

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

Remember with any channel theres a risk of bricking your Wii.

via nintendomax (http://www.nintendomax.com/)

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 18th, 2008, 23:22
Hmmm, the FCEU one is the old channel with banner, not the new one.
Maybe that french page should have updated it XD

theotherfreakyguy
May 19th, 2008, 00:33
Can the general public do custom channels w/o banners yet? Is there an address we can inject an elf or dol into? I know that linkinworm did it, and, well, he isn't one of the bigger members (sorry!)

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 19th, 2008, 00:45
Of course. The 01.app that the WAD has is a DOL file. Just replace it with any other DOL, rename it to the name the WADPacker needs and you will have a WAD with whatever application you want.

If you want a black banner, replace the 00.app with one that has a black one, and repack the WAD.

DimensionT
May 19th, 2008, 00:59
Remember with any channel theres a risk of bricking your Wii.

As making banners is quite complicated and can easily result in bricking, that part of the channel wasn’t quite ready yet.

Have fun people.

Vernonjr
May 19th, 2008, 01:33
so whats the chance of bricking my wii with these? I didn't realize i ran the chance when i installed the snes channel, but all went well there. Also how far along are the emulators themselves? If you successfully install (or unsuccessfully) could you reply telling how it went please? Thanks!

Also do I need to use the wad installer here or can i use the wad installer 2.1 that i already have? sorry i'm new to the wiibrew scene.

DimensionT
May 19th, 2008, 03:01
Well, Bushing said "can easily result in bricking"... So I assume the chances are pretty good, and that's just taking the banner graphics into account (which I'm not sure these have). Add that to the risks of the channel it's self.

You didn't know there was the chance when you installed the SNES channel because Jay_PaRaDoX doesn't like to post warnings.

vicious1988
May 19th, 2008, 06:15
Homebrew via the Twilight Hack is safe for the most part (as long as there is no malicious code). However, the channels can be risky business since you are actually modifying system files. Personally I'd just wait 'til Bushing has most of the facts before using any of this.

Vernonjr
May 19th, 2008, 06:32
Well I installed it before I got the replies, but just out of curiosity, how should I uninstall these if I want? Can I just delete the channels or should I use a wad uninstall?

rbervoets
May 19th, 2008, 07:59
Well I installed it before I got the replies, but just out of curiosity, how should I uninstall these if I want? Can I just delete the channels or should I use a wad uninstall?

You must use the WAD Uninstaller, the reason for this is when you install a channel it creates a ticket, when you delete the channel normally the ticket remains and Nintendo can see that.
If you delete via the Wad installer it deletes the ticket

Have fun

:thumbup:

FabWii
May 19th, 2008, 15:40
I've installed both WAD channels (installer and uninstaller), everything works perfectly.;)

Vernonjr
May 19th, 2008, 16:30
Yeah, I've installed SNES, and NES channels and haven't run into any problems at all either. Also I had turned off wiiconnect24, can Nintendo still see whats going on in my wii? Sorry about all the questions, but I appreciate the help.

vicious1988
May 19th, 2008, 17:10
I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't spying via the net. The ticket is most likely only a worry when sent for repairs. As for your channels, if they're already installed and no problems there's no reason at this time to remove them.

You just gotta be a little more cautious with Wii updates, don't update until its verified safe here, at bushing's site, tehskeen, or Wiibrew.org.

Capt_Trips
May 19th, 2008, 17:27
When installing channels of any kind, Be aware that your wii only has 512mb to store stuff on.

And SMS, NES, SNES and Genesis games are all small enough to load into memory.

When we cross the 32bit threshold on the wii, We will need every bit of the harddrive because apparently usb only goes at 1x?

Why would anyone actually install something to C:\ that belongs on A:\, that works better on the SDcard?

Btw, "I'm in your console Defending your castle."

That is good, Someone has to do it and I need the help.:thumbup:

Aim low, land high: that way one can never be dissappointed:thumbup:

____anders____
May 19th, 2008, 17:36
i'm fine with just the homebrew channel for now, i think only lazy people will install these channels..

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 19th, 2008, 20:47
Everyone is free to install them if they want. If not, just forget about them ^^

Also, images are included for each channel, proving they work and that there is NO RISK OF BRICKING. There's only risk if you play around with them, not if you install them form me. I've done all the risky part for you all.

DimensionT
May 19th, 2008, 21:33
NO RISK OF BRICKING

I'm sorry, but you're talking out your ass.

*How many times did you install and uninstall these?

*Did you test out deleting them a few times as opposed to using the WAD uninstaller?

*How many different Wiis did you try them on?

*Did you try them on every version of IOS out there?

*How about installing them from numerous different SD cards? Could be some issues there...

*Have you tried updating with these channels installed?

*Tried downloading a few legit channels from the shop with these on there?

*Did you try updating with an out of region game, getting the duplicate channels?

Don't act like they're fully tested when it's pretty obvious they're not.

icecoolwas
May 19th, 2008, 21:59
Woah chill, Jay Paradox ignore all these people, Although i do believe there is a chance of bricking, but i dont give a .... cos only noobs brick their wii's, you cannot brick a wii if you know what your doing, if you dont, well ofcourse you brick right? paradox keep it up =] and i dunno but i sappose u can make actual homebrews? try making a simple app =]

btw dont give him grief just tell him where hes gone wrong, i mean you actually sit there and tell him right and wrong while you do jack all, give him a break okay atleast hes trying.

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 19th, 2008, 22:02
I'm sorry, but you're talking out your ass.

*How many times did you install and uninstall these?
All, and about 2 each to fully test the installation.

*Did you test out deleting them a few times as opposed to using the WAD uninstaller?
Deleted using both WAD Uninstaller and Wii Settings. Absolutely no problems.

*How many different Wiis did you try them on?
Don't know about you, but I've only got 1. No need to install on test on different ones.

*Did you try them on every version of IOS out there?
Why should I? The apploader is marcan's, so if Team Twiizers homebrew channel alpha doesn't work, mine wont.

*How about installing them from numerous different SD cards? Could be some issues there...
Same issues as with any homebrew application.

*Have you tried updating with these channels installed?
Updating the system, or the channels?
The system, no. I've got the latest, but people have updated with them installed and no problem.
The Channels, they get updated perfectly if an older version is installed before. Tested by me.

*Tried downloading a few legit channels from the shop with these on there?
Downloaded and installed Internet Channel with all these installed, and absolutely no problems.

*Did you try updating with an out of region game, getting the duplicate channels?
Yesterday I was playing with installing different region channels, and even changing the installation "route", to make photo channel a "normal" channel(viewable in the Wii Settings).

Don't act like they're fully tested when it's pretty obvious they're not.
Well, I think they have been tested enough to make you shut the hell up. Come back when you really know what you're talking about.

Answered after all you stupid questions. Bushing isn't the only one in the world that knows the issues these channels can have. I've done enough testing to be completely sure these channels are SECURE for any Wii from any region.

DimensionT
May 19th, 2008, 22:19
Dude, you're saying "there's no possible way these channels have any chance what-so-ever to brick any Wii what-so-ever", and you've tried it on one. Man up and take some responsibility. If you're not willing to fully test it, put out some warnings.

I'm sure Bushing's tested his channel ten times as much as you have these, and he still says there's a risk of bricking/issues a warning.

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 19th, 2008, 23:37
Dude, you're saying "there's no possible way these channels have any chance what-so-ever to brick any Wii what-so-ever", and you've tried it on one. Man up and take some responsibility. If you're not willing to fully test it, put out some warnings.

I'm sure Bushing's tested his channel ten times as much as you have these, and he still says there's a risk of bricking/issues a warning.

In that case, ask one of the more than 11.000 people that have downloaded them if they have got a brick.
I've had absolutely no complain. It's all working perfect.

Compare those 10 tests of bushing with my 11.000. If that isn't enough for you, **** off you idiot.

DimensionT
May 19th, 2008, 23:57
What're you gonna say when 5,500 of those people come on here complaining about bricked Wiis somewhere down the line?

jrsmaster411
May 20th, 2008, 00:25
jeeez whats your problem if your that scared just don't use them no ones forcing you and I see no one complaining where are these 5,500 people

shadowprophet
May 20th, 2008, 00:41
I dont know why this wasnt posted here.

this is a hacked version of the homebrew channel without the time limit and it has a banner.
it also includes the hell honobu homebrew launcher.

if there is some reason why this wasnt posted here. please delete it., I havent been around in quite some time.

The channel is also in wad format, so you will need the wad installer/uninstaller for this as well.

DimensionT
May 20th, 2008, 00:49
jeeez whats your problem if your that scared just don't use them no ones forcing you and I see no one complaining where are these 5,500 people

somewhere down the line?

I'm complaining because I want people to know there ARE dangers using these. Guess I care more about other peoples' Wiis then they do. Actually, no... I care more about the scene then other people do.

Nothing good will happen if Wiis start bricking. The PSP scene got convoluted with animosity when custom firmwares bricked PSPs with the new motherboards. Who's to say that won't happen here? What's the reason? People too impatient to boot Zelda.

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 20th, 2008, 00:55
I'm complaining because I want people to know there ARE dangers using these. Guess I care more about other peoples' Wiis then they do. Actually, no... I care more about the scene then other people do.

Nothing good will happen if Wiis start bricking. The PSP scene got convoluted with animosity when custom firmwares bricked PSPs with the new motherboards. Who's to say that won't happen here? What's the reason? People too impatient to boot Zelda.

If you care so much about the Scene, start releasing stuff.
I someone bricks their Wii installing any of my Channels using the WAD Installer, I'll buy them a new one. I can promise that, because I'm 100% sure they are safe.

And please, just leave this thread. You're just jealous about my work because you don't know how to do anything.

shadowprophet
May 20th, 2008, 01:00
If you care so much about the Scene, start releasing stuff.
I someone bricks their Wii installing any of my Channels using the WAD Installer, I'll buy them a new one. I can promise that, because I'm 100% sure they are safe.

And please, just leave this thread. You're just jealous about my work because you don't know how to do anything.

As for the agrued point that homebrew is dangerous, yes. none of it comes with a guarantee, if you use any of it wrongly there is a chance of messing something up.

I myself have never had a mishap with wad files though.

Are you the true paradox?

nice hb channel man, I use it all the time *cheers

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 20th, 2008, 01:12
As for the agrued point that homebrew is dangerous, yes. none of it comes with a guarantee, if you use any of it wrongly there is a chance of messing something up.

I myself have never had a mishap with wad files though.

Are you the true paradox?

nice hb channel man, I use it all the time *cheers

Yes, I'm PaRaDoX, the one who made these banners ;)

DimensionT
May 20th, 2008, 01:26
I've done my part to contribute to other scenes. When I can and what I can. I guarantee I could look up what's needed to make these channels and pump some out, but I see no point.

Once Wii homebrew's going full speed I'll probably end up releasing something.