PDA

View Full Version : What a Crazy Day :)

wraggster
September 28th, 2005, 19:39
Who would have thought that a few days ago we had the v2.0 exploit with the ability to run code but only up to 64kb the onto last night with the downgrader release and the confirmation that it works and works on any PSP including the new Ceramic White ones. You can also reupgrade but why would you want to?

This site like most PSP sites are experaincing a major surge in visitors infact this site has smashed its record to bits and its looks like with so many hours to go that it will double and maybe more than that the previous record, add to that our forums have also smashed their record too.

Gotta say thanks to Martin64 our host and server admin for staying up the night and splitting our successful sites into more than one server to keep the load on the server down.

What are Sony going to do, well i wouldnt want to be a fly on the wall in their office as this will be a major downer for them, i would expect that most new games make you do another firmware update to play them, whatever happens the worldwide PSP audience can now play on their PSPs homebrew and emulation as much as they want.

YourStillWithMe
September 28th, 2005, 20:47
do you guys think that this patched up 2.00 or the new version will be released soon on THE GAMES? Like in the next month or so? (on the games) because i dont want to have my wab version changer on 2.00 and a 2.20 comes out or something like that on GTA for example i would be soooooooo pissed and i'd murder sony. . . .

Elbereth
September 28th, 2005, 21:10
I really think (but I know it won't happen) that Sony should rethink their "NO HOMEBREW DEV" policy. I can think of some ways to allow homebrew and stop only the piracy ISO stuff (which I guess is what Sony is trying to avoid) and I am only a amateur developer. So please Sony... find a protection for the games that doesn't involve keeping everyone away from developping stuff for your amazing hardware.

candrews
September 28th, 2005, 21:27
So did we get slashdotted bc in the article about the downgrader on thier site had a link to psp-news?

Psphreak
September 28th, 2005, 23:04
do you guys think that this patched up 2.00 or the new version will be released soon on THE GAMES? Like in the next month or so? (on the games) because i dont want to have my wab version changer on 2.00 and a 2.20 comes out or something like that on GTA for example i would be soooooooo pissed and i'd murder sony. . . .

I've seen a member of Posix show how to change your version name and number. Why not changer the version to 10.00 or 99.99 :P ? That would probably hold you off for a couple updates

echel0n
September 28th, 2005, 23:17
i just want to say thanks again to you guys for bringing us this news quickly, I for one really appreciate it and Im sure I also speak for many other people when I say this. cheers! :)

ShinSean
September 28th, 2005, 23:23
hey echel0N! :D

take it you have a 1.5 PSP in your hands right now :)

cheers!

DDRLord
September 29th, 2005, 15:26
I've seen a member of Posix show how to change your version name and number. Why not changer the version to 10.00 or 99.99 :P ? That would probably hold you off for a couple updates
Now I hate to sound like a jerk, but that wouldn't work.
There are differences in the libraries from 2.0 to 1.5, so just because your PSP says it's a 99.99 doesn't mean it'll run a 2.0 game.
It's like gluing a set of wings onto a car... it looks like a plane, and you may even be able to convince a pilot to try and fly it, but it isn't going to get off the ground.

Edit: Unless you're Jesse James.

echel0n
September 30th, 2005, 22:51
hey echel0N! :D

take it you have a 1.5 PSP in your hands right now :)

cheers!

oops sorry, i didnt write back right away, i had a 1.5 PSP in my hands :D

quzar
September 30th, 2005, 23:10

It would be easy enough for an update to check for the exact previous firmware versions (and crcs of them or some other security feature) and then each update after that have a special code in them to id each other etc.