PDA

View Full Version : See the Wii game that should 'look like a 360 title'

Shrygue
May 19th, 2008, 19:21
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189168)

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude developer High Voltage Software has released the first footage of Conduit, its upcoming Wii game that it hopes will 'look like a 360 title.

Speaking last April, High Voltage CEO Kerry Ganofsky said: "Most of the games on the Wii look like crap. We want to change that, so we've invested heavily in our Wii tech over the past year.

"Of course [Wii owners] care about gameplay," he continued, "but we believe if given the choice, they would want great graphics as well. It's just a cop out. With Conduit, we are trying to make a Wii game that looks like a 360 title."

High Voltage claimed that the game would contain real-time shadows, projected lights and interactive water. Based on the trailer posted on IGN, we can confirm that at least of those claims were true - the water does look nice for a Wii game.

Unfortunately, we couldn't really make out any evidence of any of the other stuff. Whilst it does look technically better than a lot of games on Wii, its colour palette makes extensive use of the same metallic gray that we've seen in the research labs and underground corridors of a dozen other generic first person shooters. It all seems a bit too familiar.

Still, graphics aren't everything, right? There still might be a decent first person shooter underneath it all, a genre severely lacking a crowning title on Wii. Maybe High Voltage can still pull this out of the bag yet.

masterchief929
May 19th, 2008, 20:32
AWESOME! the wii needs more developers like these ppl! take the example ninty! make good graphics on the WII!!!!

Triv1um
May 19th, 2008, 20:37
I know, lets develop a Atari 2600 game that looks like crysis on full settings.

Not going to happen, im interested to see what it can do though.

Shadowblind
May 19th, 2008, 20:40
Conduit doesn't look better then Timesplitters Future perfect....

____anders____
May 19th, 2008, 22:41
Conduit doesn't look better then Timesplitters Future perfect....

hmm, mabe not..

but still, it looks good and no game on xbox (original) looks as good as The Conduit, especially not the water, no game that i've seen anyway..

i'm looking forward to this:)

Accordion
May 20th, 2008, 11:51
Great, maybe 3rd party Wii games will finally catch up with PS2 games.

Maybe i need to see a larger video, but i didn't see anything i haven't seen in Ico, or God of War.

____anders____
May 20th, 2008, 14:22
i think that water just looks so well made..

wiggy fuzz
May 20th, 2008, 15:36
no dice - the water just looks animated. why is it waving? it's indoors.