PDA

View Full Version : Jpeg Viewer - Will Not Work After Downgrade

rorshach17
September 28th, 2005, 23:12
Downgrade worked fine, or so i think. Says it's version 1.5 and seems to be working

But jpeg viewer, the first homebrew app i tried, installs but crashes the system. It doesn't look right, bare and the system crashes as the usercache skyrockets.

Maybe I installed wrong, or maybe there is something wrong with the downgrade I did. In the meantime, I upgraded to 2.0 again and am downgrading. Has anyone had similar problems?

rorshach17
September 28th, 2005, 23:21
just finished the downgrade...again...and the templete program that comes with psp 9 homebrew will not install. I think i did the downgrade wrong. Can anyone help?

nonzero
September 28th, 2005, 23:45
Hmmm...that is a strange one.

Try the package and tutorial from my website (http://www.ceramicpsp.com/downgrade.htm)

Post up your results as my method is slightly different.

PSP_Newbie
September 29th, 2005, 00:15
and to all those having trouble playing homebrew on a 1.5, go to a "Playing Homebrew on a 1.5 PSP" FAQ, it will explain how to use the kxploit program (though i recommend getting Seipsp tools, PSPbrew, etc) to convert the eboots to run homebrew on a 1.5.
its not the downgrader that doesnt let you play it, you just need to know how to play homebrew on a 1.5

im sure thats the problem, if it isnt, let me know

rorshach17
September 29th, 2005, 01:18
Actually, PSP_Newbie, I think I'm doing it right. I used the Kxploit first to make the file out of the JPEG_VIEWER eboot, and it didn't work. It was weird, the program started, but it was bare, like a command prompt, and when I moved to jpeg files, it opened one, and then it started counting the memorycache, until it hit 760,000KB or something, and then froze, and restarted.

I saw the pics of the JPEG Viewer, and it did not look right, so I used a different program, this time, PSP 9 Homebrew, to create the Eboot files, and it worked just fine, but did the same thing when I ran it. I think I didn't do the downgrade correctly.

NONZERO, I'm downloading you're files now and following your instructions. I did the same thing you are telling me to do, except for the frame_buffer.png as wallpaper. Let me try it, I'll let you know.

rorshach17
September 29th, 2005, 02:15
NON-ZERO, I'm following you instructions, but I hit the same problem in the middle: you state that you should insert the AC adapter and never remove it. But after the Version Changer throws up the jumbled letters, the PSP won't respond to any keys except for the display key. Even the power key won't work, so I have to unplug the battery and AC adaptor to turn it off. I'm worried this may be the cause of the instability, because everyone else seems to be able to turn their's off by the power switch.

Though, afterwards, the bak files and etc. do appear as they should. Could they be corrupted or something?

nonzero
September 29th, 2005, 02:25
Press the power button up for what feels likes ages and it will power off.

I've held it for 40 seconds before - I'm quite sure that is what is causing your problem.

Also, once the version changer throws up the jumbled letters wait for about a minute before attempting to power off.

rorshach17
September 29th, 2005, 04:29
NON_ZERO: I finally installed correctly, but it's still not working right. I did what you said, and you were right, it does shut off itself after a while.

Once the downgrade completed, however, I installed the JPEG Viewer and tried showing a few JPEGs, and 3 JPEGs by themselves worked just fine.

When I upped the ante to 20 JPEGs and a small 1.71 MB song (I only have a 32 MB card for now, 1 gig hasn't arrived), the program froze when I tried to play the songs (I don't know what button it is, there's no documentation). It's still frozen.

ANd the screen doesn't look right, it's all grey with very stark design, like the computer is in Safe Mode. I know I've bothered you a lot, but do you have any suggestions?

rorshach17
September 29th, 2005, 05:05
FINAL POST

Went to PSP_Brew, and downloaded JPEG Viewer, and they have the same thing that I had before, just with a few background stuff. I think the compiler or whatever I was using, PSP 9 Homebrew, just wasn't very good.

And the freezing is, I think, because I didn't take into account how much cache memory the program itself would need to run. A few JPEGs, and it works nice (don't know about the music though) but more than 3 or 4, and the system overloads.

So all in all, I think I got it. Non_Zero, PSP_Newbie, thanks for all the help.

nonzero
September 29th, 2005, 13:05
That sounds like a problem with the software and not the downgrade, prob leakage.

Why do you need another app to view Jpegs instead of the standard Sony one?

rorshach17
September 29th, 2005, 20:30
I want the jpeg viewer for comics mostly. The jpeg viewer doesn't have that annoying "re-focus" problem when you move around the picture, and it loads the pictures from the wherever you want, in my case, top left corner, at the start of the page.

The best feature (if I can get it to work) is that you can listen to MP3s while reading comics. That's too good an opportunity to pass.

I downloaded the program from PSPBREW, and I realized that when i created the app, I forgot to add the files that came with it manually in the app folder, like PSPBREW does for you. The program works now, but the USECACHEMEMORY gets too high if I try to read 3 or more JPEGS, and the MP3 isn't working at all. I think it's because of the 32MB memory I'm using, it might work better when I have the 1GB card next week.

What did you mean by "leakage"?