PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo bans Hitler from Mario Kart Wii

wraggster
May 20th, 2008, 01:16
Looks like sein kampf just got a little härter. As if it wasn't bad enough that Hitler's Xbox Live account was banned for modding, he's now being excluded from Mario Kart Wii as well. As Nintendo Everything recently reported, those with the Mii license of "Hitler" attempting to log on to the game will receive a message that such user names are not allowed on the Nintendo Wi-Fi service.

While we support the move, we worry about the effect this will have on the completely hate-free "Li'l Hitler" (no relation to the full-size despot). The only thing he tries to completely eradicate from the globe is frowns.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/19/nintendo-bans-hitler-from-mario-kart-wii/

The Hombrew Hunter
May 20th, 2008, 02:39
...Oh my god.

This is...

THIS IS MY FRIEND'S FAULT! LOL!

WE MADE LI'L HITLER!

This is fantastically funny.

I thought it just ended at the fact that other racers targeted him, such as slowing down to hit him with items.

wolfpack
May 20th, 2008, 02:44
I wonder what nintendo would do if i named myself Stalin or Moussilini

masterchief929
May 20th, 2008, 02:47
lol, thats pretty funny. i should name my guy saddam!

acg12xu
May 20th, 2008, 02:48
^ Yeah, I'm sure you and your friend are the first party to use hitler as a name... yup.. you're the reason why its banned.. good job.

limming
May 20th, 2008, 02:53
lmao

Sometimes I wonder what would Hitler do if he could see into the future..."wtf? I'm banned from MarioKart!?"

JKKDARK
May 20th, 2008, 03:04
lmao

Sometimes I wonder what would Hitler do if he could see into the future..."wtf? I'm banned from MarioKart!?"

No one on the net uses its real names.

The Hombrew Hunter
May 20th, 2008, 03:22
^ Yeah, I'm sure you and your friend are the first party to use hitler as a name... yup.. you're the reason why its banned.. good job.

One, it's called sarcasm.

You didn't see it in the caps?

Two, I don't even own it.

Three, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in it.

Now please, next time, think before you make an ass of yourself. :thumbup:

AtariFreek
May 20th, 2008, 04:37
Hahaha, this warranted a reply from the hermit that calls himself AtariFreek. LMAO I made a Lil' Hitler too, maybe it's my fault because everyone at Nintendo knows how IMPORTANT I AM! /Sarcasm

Btw, nice to see you still on the forums Homebrew Hunter.

royvedas
May 20th, 2008, 07:49
It sucks big time. You should be able to call yourself "Hitler" og "Gay assmuncher" or "****** King". Free speech, baby - free speech.

What if you call yourself "Cigarette King". That will probably also be banned if not already, because of "political incorrectness".

At least make different zones, "uncensored zone", "goody two-shoes zone" etc, with different naming rules.

Sometimes a gamer wants his or her nick to be evil - let them do so, dammit.

**** censorship

The Hombrew Hunter
May 20th, 2008, 09:01
Hahaha, this warranted a reply from the hermit that calls himself AtariFreek. LMAO I made a Lil' Hitler too, maybe it's my fault because everyone at Nintendo knows how IMPORTANT I AM! /Sarcasm

Btw, nice to see you still on the forums Homebrew Hunter.

Yeah, I pop up every once in a while for the NDS, Wii, and PSP scene, also dreamcast now and then.

Hope to be more active...

wiggy fuzz
May 20th, 2008, 10:25
i suppose it'd be even funnier if hitler reallywas his name...

reminds me, mario and sonic won'tallow the name "cassandra" to be used, probably because it has the word "ass" in it.

mcdougall57
May 20th, 2008, 12:29
just have a look at that mii contest channel and see how many hitlers there are haha I for one also have a hitler alias for when I'm feeling a tad evil.

____anders____
May 20th, 2008, 13:09
hehe, really, do anyone give a shi*t?
i don't mind racing against hitler:D hehe
i think it would be fun, i haven't raced against hitler:p hehe, but i still wouldn't mind doing it, it would be fun to say "i beat hitler yesterday on mariokart wii" haha:p

FiZiX
May 20th, 2008, 13:17
Well, at least the last time I logged on to MarioKart I could still use my "Mr. Happy" Mii. He looks a bit like a certain part of the male anatomy. Good for a laugh! :rofl:

masterchief929
May 20th, 2008, 13:18
we should all share friend codes and go play mk wii as different terrorists! i'll be Saddam Husien! (sorry about spelling)

____anders____
May 20th, 2008, 14:04
hehe that would be fun!:D
it would piss nintendo off a little bit though, but who cares?:D:p

limming
May 20th, 2008, 22:27
I got dibs on Stalin

watupgroupie
May 21st, 2008, 02:51
OMG. People need to grow the **** up. Its just the word hitler. When are we all going to grow up and suck up our feelings a bit? It seems everyone takes the biggest offence to everything these days. Grow up.