PDA

View Full Version : Free Vast v1.1 Beta Released

wraggster
May 20th, 2008, 19:46
The application to run Homebrew on any unmodified PS2 gets a new update, heres the details:

In the updated version, you now have the option to boot from memory card instead of a USB storage device.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

via psxscene (http://psx-scene.com/forums/freevast/58247-release-thread.html)

mikebeaver
May 20th, 2008, 22:53
Still no news on if you can/ will ever be able to make this card yourself without a modded PS2?

Mike..

DemonicArc
May 21st, 2008, 16:53
I remember back when it was just a rumor, the big "selling" point of freevast was that you could run Backups from a DVD (rather than HDD) without having to use any swap method, like cogswap or cogloader or anything else that would require you to stick things in/open your PS2, unlike the MCE, is this still going to be true, or will FreeVast also need some form of Swapping?

Still no news on if you can/ will ever be able to make this card yourself without a modded PS2?

Mike..

Since it's just another Memory card exploit, i don't see why it wouldn't be doable with a Gameshark/codebreaker and a USB thumb drive.

Zin0099
May 21st, 2008, 20:45
this card can be maded by any way of elf loading software
-swapmagic which i used

go to freevast continues i'm also part of the website under zin0099 user name like dcemu

Balthasar00
May 22nd, 2008, 01:36
1.2 have just been released. its now a direct install on ps2 with 1 elf

But as for now, the install crash with ntsc ps2.

can be solved by installing the 1.1 version

then replace 1.1 runme.elf created in Besles folder in the MC with the newest 1.2 (found in psx-scene forum, topic : free-vast continues P.40 or so)

must also make a new folder ''BOOT'' in the MC root than get a copy of Ulauncher (or any other apps desired) renamed as ''BOOT.ELF'' ms0://BOOT/BOOT.ELF