PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo explains Euro Brawl wait

Shrygue
May 20th, 2008, 20:38
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189301)

Nintendo Europe's senior marketing director Laurent Fischer has blamed the Smash Brothers delay on the sheer amount of titles Nintendo is currently producing for Europe.

"You need to see it title by title," he told Official Nintendo Magazine. "It's the same team, the same pool of teams, that have been localising and that have been proofing.

"But localisation is only one thing: production is another thing also, because at the moment we are not just producing Smash Bros for Europe, we're producing hundreds of first party games and third party games for locations all over the world."

Fischer said that Nintendo also had to record six different sets of voices for some characters, which added to the time needed. Good going considering most of the characters in Nintendo games are unintelligible anyway.

"I realise that from time to time we have still been disappointing some people," Fischer added. "We know that we are still not reaching the expectations of all the people, but we're really doing our best to resolve this."

markl187ld
May 20th, 2008, 22:12
Smacks of bullshit to me. Just patch the byte in the main.dol release the game already.

____anders____
May 20th, 2008, 22:56
hehe good advice;)

just do that, but i already have it..

hypochondriac
May 21st, 2008, 19:16
Had it for about 2 months so not too bothered.

04dasher
May 21st, 2008, 20:53
Most Europeans already purchased a nice lovely Us console. This meant people could just go visit Ebay and buy the Us version of brawl, but thats before they heard of the wiis freeloader.

____anders____
May 22nd, 2008, 18:46
yeah, i got it some time ago too:)

it's one of the best games i have..:)

Shrygue
May 22nd, 2008, 20:14
Me, well I'm personally not too fussed about the euro release so I don't mind the longer wait. Sure I could get Freeloaderand import but I'm not really bothered.