PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 2 date a "management decision"

Shrygue
May 21st, 2008, 20:11
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=141626)

Sony US has explained that it moved Killzone 2 to February 2009 so the game didn't end up competing with others in its own catalogue.

The decision was purely a management one, explained Sony US speaker Ron Eagle, and nothing to do with any development problems.

"Killzone 2 was moved to Feb 2009 to make sure we didn't have three shooters in the marketplace competing for retail dollars during the same holiday season," said Ron Eagle, SCEA speaker, on the US PlayStation blog.

"To be clear, there is nothing wrong or causing a delay to the development of the title. We (SCEA) had to look at the [autumn] calendar with SOCOM, LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, Resistance 2, plus some PSN titles and make a decision where each game should come out."

Mr. Eagle also revealed that there will be plenty more information to share on Killzone 2 in the "coming months", presumably at the E3 Media & Business Summit this summer.

"The [PlayStation Day] event was the first of many steps, but please rest assured that multiplayer, co-op, story weapons, etc. will be covered in the many steps to come," added Eagle.

That full PlayStation Day Killzone 2 trailer can be found now on Eurogamer TV, right here (http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=10521).

JKKDARK
May 21st, 2008, 20:36
Good, I hope they will not take down the servers for the first one :)

ketchup
May 22nd, 2008, 08:05
Sounds fishy!
They hype this game for 2008. All pointing to "fantastic graphics", "Halo" beater etc. etc. One quick play review suggesting unadventurous gameplay and suddenly it's delayed (only "9" months to go folks) so that it doesn't conflict with other releases. Which releases does it conflict with? Can't find a space for such a HIT game?
Dodgy, very dodgy! As believable as the Third Riech's moon base.

Well lets hope that they manage to re-vamp the gameplay in that extra time...

lmtlmt
May 22nd, 2008, 09:19
they never said 08 mate

ketchup
May 22nd, 2008, 11:07
they never said 08 mate

True.. Sony didn't, that I do admit. It's been all the web sites and Fanboys posting early 2008 and then late 2008 and now more officially early 2009.
So my fault for following the unofficial hype...

Anyway back to the issue. It still sounds fishy to me as what it Killzone2 supposed to be conflicting with over the next 9 months, (or possibly November onwards if some release dates were to be believed) that it needs to be pushed back to 2009? Maybe they need to sell the lesser games over Christmas and then say Hey! we release good games after the new year too!? Aren't we kind to you all. Maybe?
Having a hands-on press day this far in advance of release is unusual even if not exactly unheard of. It suggests to me that they hadn't planned to release next year.

Let's see what they come up with and hope that we are all pleasantly surprised....

lmtlmt
May 22nd, 2008, 13:03
I'm looking forward to it regardless :)