PDA

View Full Version : GBA Flash Cards For Use With DS

Predator
September 29th, 2005, 17:47
I've searched the threads for information on flash cards and can't really find what I'm looking for.
I'm thinking about buying a GBA Flash card but dont know which one to get.
Price doesn't really matter. I just want the most compatible one.
Please post your thoughts, and experiences.

Thanks in advance,
Justin.

miannone
September 29th, 2005, 22:40
I dont know if you are aware or not, but there are DS Flash cards out there. One of them is the 'M3 Perfect' which I think is pretty good.

souLLy
September 29th, 2005, 23:20
i use a flash2advance ultra with a super passme, no probs so far.

Predator
September 30th, 2005, 18:17
Thanks for the replys guys.
I'm new to the DS scene and I'm dying to try some homebrew. :)
This is kind of confusing for me right now. But I cant wait to learn.
No, I wasn't aware of DS Flash Cards. Thanks for telling me. :)
Which is better DS Flash Cards or GBA Flash Cards?

I looked some more and just got more confused...
To use a GBA Flash Card in the DS I need a PassMe/MagicKey in the DS Slot?
Is that correct. Please help me. :(

luicfershalo
October 3rd, 2005, 22:21
I am using a GBA flash cart
the 1g Flash2advance ultra
and the superpass
I tried one rom and it works fine
I tried to put 2 roms on the flash cart and doesnt work
is there a way to put more than one rom or not?

Predator
October 3rd, 2005, 23:45
Piracy is not supported on the site. Read the rules.

luicfershalo
October 4th, 2005, 10:14
It is not piracy
I have 16 nintendo DS games
just fed up of carrying them with me
easier to have one cart with more than one game on it

luicfershalo
October 4th, 2005, 13:43
sorry I lied
I dont have 16 but 22 DS carts

souLLy
October 4th, 2005, 18:38
It is not piracy
I have 16 nintendo DS games
just fed up of carrying them with me
easier to have one cart with more than one game on it

regardless of wether you own the carts or not it is still considered piracy and not to be discussed on this forum. read the rules before posting again.

dilvid
November 9th, 2005, 23:25
regardless of wether you own the carts or not it is still considered piracy and not to be discussed on this forum. read the rules before posting again.

Sorry for bringing this from the depths but you are infact incorrect, this is not piracy. As long as you own the original and not give/sell any backups to anyone you know. See link for definition of piracy.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/software_piracy.html

iball
November 10th, 2005, 00:01
Sorry for bringing this from the depths but you are infact incorrect, this is not piracy. As long as you own the original and not give/sell any backups to anyone you know. See link for definition of piracy.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/software_piracy.html
Two points to make here:

1) Hate to break it to you but souLLy's right. He's always right, even if he's wrong. He helps run the site. He helps make the rules.

2) Thanks to passage of the DMCA, ALL ROMs for an existing and sold-in-stores gaming console are ILLEGAL since they are a direct violation of the DMCA, and any hardware or software that is USED to create ROMs is also illegal. Because the DS cartridge is considered "unique" only to the DS handheld itself, it's considered by Nintendo to be a form of copy protection since it can ONLY be used on their handheld. Same with Sony's UMD format.
Also, remember to read your EULAs.
Let's take a look at the Important Legal Information present in EVERY Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS game cart instruction book:

Copying of any video game for any Nintendo system is illegal and is strictly prohibited by domestic and international intellectual property laws. "Back-up" or "archival" copies are not authorized and are not necessary to protect your software. Violators will be prosecuted.
This video game is not designed for use with any unauthorized copying device or any unlicensed accessory. Use of any such device will invalidate your Nintendo product warranty. Nintendo (and/or any Nintendo licensee or distributor) is not responsible for any damage or loss caused by the use of any such device. If use of such device causes your game to stop operating, disconnect the device carefully to avoid damage and resume normal game play. If your game ceases to operate and you have no device attached to it, please contact the game publisher's "Technical Support" or "Customer Service" department.
The contents of this notice do not interfere with your statutory rights.

Ah, yes..."statutory rights"...of course it doesn't interfere with them since the DMCA pretty much invalidated all of them at the Federal level, no matter WHAT law your state passes, Federal laws trump them all.

This is Nintendo saying "BAM! In your face!"

At least, in the United States. China, Somalia, etc. have no such laws that I'm aware of, or are extremely lazy in "enforcing" intellectual property and copyright laws.

Now, stop reading internet rumors and read the actual DMCA law itself and any interpretations of that law or rulings on it by the U.S. Supreme Court.

souLLy
November 10th, 2005, 11:59
allow me to clarify the whole backup law for everyone.

Obviously laws are slightly different around the world, but generally you are allowed to make a backup of software legally- however you can only legally backup something to exactly the same type of media as the original. i.e- you can back up a floppy, a cd you can back up to a cd. unless you backup a ds cart to a ds cart it is illegal, and dcemu will not allow anything like that on the forums. you don't want us shut down, so lets keep it off of the forums.

SkyeHawk
February 18th, 2006, 00:15
Unless you're making the backups yourself, it's illegal. You can't use a ROM that someone else has backed up, regardless of whether you own it or not.

~Skye~